Fuji Bicycles Norcom Straight Triathlon Bike

Submitted by Velo_Midwest

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2014

Strengths:    Very Adjustable (Stem, Handlebar, Aerobar and Saddle)
Aero!!!
Control (not twitchy but definitely not slow)
Price compared to Trek, Specialized, Cervelo

Weaknesses:    Brakes rubbed in back (it's tight back there so they needed some extra tinkering to work right)
Didn't like the saddle

Bottom Line:
So the price is a little off. I know that there is a base model of this bike at $2600 but I paid closer to $3700 for the 2.1 model.
I have no out of the ordinary complaints in riding this bike compared to my last Tri bike (Orbea.) Things are so compacted inside of the aero bubbles around the bike, I think they just need time to set in place. My bars took a couple adjustments to get them to stay in place but now everything is tight. Brakes moved around a bit at first but they are dialed now. The bike comes with some nice little extras like a brake noodle that flexes nice around the tight turns that the housing takes. I had to customize my Orbea's housing during set up last time by taking the plastic outer of the housing off for the last part of the housing. It wasn't a problem cause you couldn't see it but still was extra steps that I didn't have to do with the Fuji.
Value... I could go on forever how good of a spec this bike has compared to other brands for the price. I took the extra couple hundred that I saved and bought new S-Works shoes! You can't beat that...