Guru Bicycles Inc. Crono Triathlon Bike

• Ultra light weight
  • 70% fiber - 30% resin ratio
  • Optimal strength and durability
  • Engineered for extreme riding conditions
  • Improves impact resistance and fatigue life
  • 15% stiffer in out-of-plane deflections

Submitted by Homer a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2009

Strengths:    A complete custom build, Guru is able to build what you want and they work closely with their retail outlets to ensure all their customers are happy with there product. In addition Guru's attention to detail is second to none. This bike is fast and stable especialy in aero.

Weaknesses:    Campy does not offer a Super Record indexed bar end shifter and my LBS had to have shifters machined to allow for the full range of gearing.
Expensive.
I have been riding eggbeaters for years, but decided to try the speedplay pedals, given all the great reviews, I hate the speedplay product and will eventually switch back to eggbeaters.
Zipp valve extenders are useless, would not seat with any of my pumps and their customer service was of no help (replaced with topeak).

Bottom Line:
My latest bike is a 2009 Guru Crono, this is my first complete custom bike and I will probably never buy another bike that is not custom. The bike is an absolute rush to ride, it is a good climber and excels on the descent. My LBS was extremely helpful in ensuring that this bike was set-up correctly for me and I could not have wished for a nicer ride. I know their are alot of great Tri bikes on the market, but I am sold on Guru for life. Their bikes are a bit expensive, but they do offer a variety of price points.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere with hills, hate the climb up but love the high speed descednts.

Purchased At:   CAPS South Shore Cyc

Similar Products Used:   I have riden the Cervelo P3, although it really does not come close to comparing with the Guru product.

Bike Setup:   2009 Guru Crono with Campy Super Record 11spd, San marco Mantra saddle, Speedplay Ti pedals, Zipp 404's and the Vuka Aerobar. This is my first totaly custom