Kuota K-Factor Triathlon Bike

4.89/5 (9 Reviews)

• Taller head tube, more comfortable to ride
  • Air flow channel on the top tube
  • Full 12K weave
  • Kuota straight Aero fork
  • Aerodynamic seat stay
  • Exclusive Horizontal drop out

Submitted by Jeff Laufer

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2012

Strengths:    The K-Factor is awesome bke! I've been riding it for 2 seasons and still cant find a reason to switch. It has extremely quick acceleration, great headwind aerodynamics and overall a very smooth, quick ridie. My upgrades have included Ultegra brakes, Adamo Breakaway saddle and Easton Aero 90 56mm wheels. 56 mile racing average speed is 22+.

Weaknesses:    Stock saddle isnt very comfortable, however saddles are very preference oriented. Stock wheels are ok, but may consider an upgrade if your desire is speed.

Bottom Line:
THe K-factor is a fantastic full carbon TT bike with excellent Shimano Ultegra components. I look at what is available on the market for $2500 and dont see any reason to switch from my K-factor.

Submitted by Matt a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2011

Strengths:    Frame and fit

Weaknesses:    Brakes and Cranks are in house numbers - we'll see if they last the distance

Bottom Line:
An excellent bike. Feels very solid underneath whilst smoothing out road chatter. Components works a charm and there is no cable rattle or unexplained noises (a pet hate for bikes). Don't think there is a better Tri bike for the money

Favorite Ride:   Sydney to Wollongong

Price Paid:    $1900.00

Purchased At:   Cycleworld

Bike Setup:   Full ultegra minus the cranks and brakes. Deda bars and stem, ISM Adamo Typhoon saddle

Submitted by seanbelushi a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2011

Strengths:    Fast, nimble, comfortable, absorbs vibrations and road inconsistencies well.

Weaknesses:    Factory seat uncomfortable over long distances (Selle San Marco), stock wheels heavy (Shimano R500).

Bottom Line:
This is my first full-carbon tri bike (2010 model K-Factor), so I can't really compare it to others. However, after riding a Javelin Parma Al/Carbon for about 1000 miles, I'm significantly faster on this bike than my old one. It feels strong, fast, nimble, and is easy to maintain 22+ mph for distance. In my last 70.3, I was a consistent 2mph faster on the K-Factor than my old bike. Great bicycle for the money, with plenty of room to grow.

Favorite Ride:   Memphis-Arlington RD

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Bike World

Similar Products Used:   Javelin Parma

Bike Setup:   Sram RED shifters, SRAM Rival groupset, Shimano R500 wheelset.

Submitted by Daniel a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2010

Strengths:    fast, yet very confortable, stiff enough and ... beautifull!!

Weaknesses:    nervous a bit (which could be a strength)... I guess depends on positionning too...

Bottom Line:
Beautiful biek for the price. I changed the wheels for Fulcrum 3 (from Fulcrum 7 included at purchase), added Profile Design Carbon Styke aero and a new upgraded seat. Love the bike. Looking at doing more upgrades soon

Favorite Ride:   Kuota K-Factor

Purchased At:   The Cyclery

Bike Setup:   Ultegra all around, except 105 brakes
Profile design IRonman Edition Carbon stryke aero bars
Fulcrum Racing 3 Wheels

Submitted by The Fury a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2009

Strengths:    Light
Price
Geometry (somewhat relaxed)
Plush ride (even by road bike standards)
Looks mean (nude carbon)
Aero seat post looks cool
Climbs well

Weaknesses:    Frame flex (needs to be stiffer)
Geometry (somewhat relaxed...if you prefer agressive, you may need a different bike).

Bottom Line:
I have the 2009 K-Factor SL. For the money, you can not beat this bike. The Kueen and Kalibur are (a little) lighter and stiffer, but a lot more expensive. This is a great bike if you lack hamstring flexibility (like a lot of cyclists according to my chiropractor). It's a fairly relaxed geometry due to a longish head tube, which is great when transitioning to the run or racing anything longer than Olympic distance. My LBS did a fairly intensive fitting for me, so I had zero neck/shoulder pain that you usually experience with a new bike. (I highly recommend getting professionaly fitted...it's worth any extra cost). For a tri bike, it climbs very well (again the relatively relaxed geometry has a lot to do with this). I went up some 5% grades and didn't leave my aero bars. The only weakness is frame flex, which may be a sacrifice for light weight/good price. I notice frame flex most on the trainer...didn't notice it while actually riding. The Kueen and Kalibur are probably stiffer due to a higher grade carbon. My overall rating is 4.75...would be a 5 if the frame was stiffer.
If you live near Kansas City, go to City Cycles...they upgraded components w/o bustin' my bank account. I am NOT affiliated with City Cycles, but as someone that moves a lot I always appreciate getting the low down on good bike shops.

Favorite Ride:   Any Smooth Road