Leopard Cycles TT1 Triathlon Bike

4.8/5 (5 Reviews)

The Leopard TT1 time trial bike. Race proven at numerous Ironman and National TT championships. Triathletes tell us this is the most stable and comfortable frame they’ve ever ridden. If you’d like to train longer and improve your time trialing ability, this is the frame for you. Endorsed by Patty Peoples, Master’s National Duathlon Champion. Monocoque construction Frame weight: 1450 gms (Size S) 4.5 star stiffness and 5 star compliance 3K weave finish.

Submitted by Jen Mathe

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2013

Strengths:    This bike climbs great! You cannot say that about most time trial frames, but Leopard has it figured out. While fast on the flats and in wind, I don't feel held back climbing as I have on other TT frames. I have been riding the Leopard TT1 for 3 years in triathlons from Olympic distance to Ironman, from flat and windy, to hilly and windy, to serious climbing... and I have never wished for a different set up. I don't need different bikes for different courses. My Leopard TT1 can do it all! And it's pretty. :)

Weaknesses:    A bit pricey for athletes just testing out the sport, but if you are in for the long road it is definitely worth it.

Bottom Line:
Excellent bike. Excellent people.

Submitted by Freddy Edney

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2012

Strengths:    Light, Stiff, Cornering, Climbing, Really Fun.
The people behind of Leopard, "Awesome"!

Weaknesses:    Weakness: Not a known brand

Bottom Line:
I owned almost all of Leopards bikes: TT1, CX1, DC1, and the infamous concept Track Pista. Surprisingly, no one really knows about the brand on the east coast. Once you've ridden a Leopard bike, you will always want to ride one.

Submitted by Patty Peoples

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2012

Strengths:    Extremely comfortable over all types of terrain. FAST, FASTER, FASTEST TT Bike!!! See my summary for details!

Weaknesses:    Nothing comes to mind, so that's a good thing!.

Bottom Line:
I have had the honor to race on the Leopard TT1 since 2009 and am UNDEFEATED (39 victories) in my division for USAT Triathlons and Duathlons. I also have set numerous Female Overall course records on my Leopard, including the Desert Classic Duathlon in LaQuinta, CA; Steelman Triathlon in Fontana, CA; Grape Stomp Triathlon in Rancho Cucamonga, CA; Pacific Coast Duathlon in Crystal Cove/Newport, CA to name a few. I also posted the Fastest Female Overall Bike Split en route to being Crowned the 2011 ITU AG Sprint Duathlon WORLD CHAMPION (and 4th Female Overall). My Leopard and I also rode to Overall Victory in the 2012 USAT Sprint Duathlon National Championships while also posting the Fastest Female Overall Bike Split. Lastly, I was voted 2011 USAT Athlete of the Year, thanks in part to my cycling and overall victories! I couldn't have done it with my Leopard! My Leopard and I have BEATEN out every bike out there! If you want to WIN, ride a Leopard. She ROARS and RULES on the Road! If you have any additional questions, feel free to message me on Facebook or through the Leopard FB page. All the best for success in achieving your goals!

Submitted by Jimmy Dworkin

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2012

Strengths:    I have had the TT1 Red and White for just over a year and absolutely love the look and feel of the bike. The biking experience is smooth and comfortable. I am part of the Silicon Valley Triathlon Club and have recommended this bike to many if not all of the 700+ club members. Take it out for test ride you'll noticed a difference immediately.

Weaknesses:    Haven't found one yet.

Bottom Line:
You can head over to CyclePath in San Mateo, they have a number of Leopard bikes and frames available including the TT1. The paint jobs can also be fully customized based on your own choices. The shop owner knows bikes, he's been in the industry for over 30 years.

Happy Shopping!!!

Submitted by Andrew Nevitt a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2012

Strengths:    I've been riding this bike for three years and it is a great TT rig. I rode a Blue TT rig before and this blows it away. The carbon ride is smooth and the cornering is solid and with the internal cable routing the bike is clean too! I got a custom paint job on mine and I have to say Leopard uses the same painter as Calfee Designs and they look beautiful.
I would tell anyone who asked to buy one of these bikes without hesitation. You can go with an optional front fork to put the brake behind the fork crown to make it even more aero.

Weaknesses:    I really cannot think of any.

Bottom Line:
Leopard is a Northern California company making really nice bikes for people who like well designed carbon bikes that ride as nice as they look.