Orbea Ordu Triathlon Bike

• Saddle: Selle Italia Signo Trans Am
  • Chain: Shimano Dura Ace

Submitted by David a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2010

Strengths:    Ultegra Groupset, Ride Quality, still learning

Bottom Line:
This review is on a 2010 Orbea Ora TLT. The first thing that catches your eye is how beautiful this bike is, then there are the Reynolds Strike wheels that come stock, topped off the the full Ultegra groupset. Not bad for $3800,let alone the $2000 I paid for a hardly used bike - 20 miles.
So for what really matters: ride, fit, and power. For now, and I will update this review, I can only comment on ride because I'm still tweaking fit, which impacts power.
Ride. This bike rides like a dream. Immediately I noticed how smooth this bike was on the road and at speed. I wasn't being bounced around like my other bike - Specialized Tarmac with clip-ons. I can't say if this is coming from the frame, design, or the wheelset (66mm carbon dish) - just that the bike is smooth.

Favorite Ride:   Orbea Ora TLT 2010

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Used: Craigslist

Similar Products Used:   I'll be honest, I haven't tried any other bikes other than my original bike, a Tarmac with clip-ons. This deal, $2000 for a $4000 bike, fell into my lap and I couldn't turn it down.

Bike Setup:   The bike is completely stock, with one upgrade - a white Ritchey 4-axis stem. It looks so much better than the stock Zeus stem.

Submitted by Lee a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2009

Strengths:    Soft ride, easy to maneuver, predictable handling, comfortable even on 3+ hour rides.

Weaknesses:    You can save 5-10 watts by going with a Trek TTX, or a Cervelo P2/P3, or a Felt B series, for just a little more $$. It's not the stiffest frame out of the saddle, but not too many TT bikes are.

Bottom Line:
This is actually the review for the 2008 Orbea Ora, but since it's essentially the same as the 07 Ordu, it will have to work.

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Bike Setup:   Ultegra/Dura-Ace drivetrain, powertap disc wheel, zipp 808.

Submitted by Michael a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2009

Strengths:    stiff, lite, little to no flex

Weaknesses:    none?

Bottom Line:
This is my third year riding my Ordu and really there is little bad to say about it. I'm a bigger guy whose weight is fluctuates around 190-200. I have had no issue with flexing, no issues with the frame at all. The frame is stiff, reliable, lite, and oh my fast. I've raced with this bike in two Ironman events in lake placid and wisconsin, so I know hills, and this bike took care of them no problem.

Favorite Ride:   Lake Placid IM Course

Similar Products Used:   2001 trek 2300

Bike Setup:   '07 Orbea Ordu (orange)
Ultegra front, rear, brakes, 11-23 cassette
mavic krysium elite w/ vittoria rubino pro 23c
fsa carbon crank 53/39

Submitted by km53jinx a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2008

Strengths:    ride quality, aero feel, light weight, stealth appearance

Weaknesses:    can't find any

Bottom Line:
Fabulous ride/appearances. Mine is 2008 in Black, SRAM Red Aero, Zipp 404 clinchers, Zipp Vuka bar/Zipp stem, Fizik Arion carbon saddle, WOW what a ride

Favorite Ride:   Orbea Ordu

Purchased At:   The Bicycle Barn..PA

Similar Products Used:   Specialized '08 Transition S Works, Quick Step

Bike Setup:   SRAM Red Aero, Zipp Vuka Bar/Zipp stem, Zipp 404 clinchers, Specialized Armadillo tires, Crank 4-Ti pedals,Fizik Arione carbon rail saddle.

Submitted by Yeomeo a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2007

Strengths:    super-aero, fast, sexy, light and easy to hold high speed. It just wants to go fast!

Weaknesses:    Tiny headtube to get your body extra flat means that I too am using extra spacers. Not a bad thing necessarily.

Bottom Line:
What a good looking bike! Changed the wheels to my TT Corima 4 spoke and used them in the local 25 to warm it up before the next Triathlon this weekend. Faster by far is how I'd describe it! I can't tell you why, but be prepared for PBs galore on this thing! Very aero design gets you right down over the front wheel for maximised speed. This makes control a little difficult to start with but you soon learn that you don't need to throw it around to get where you want to go. Very happy. Considering the road bike to match.

Purchased At:   epic-cycles

Similar Products Used:   Trek E9, TTX, S-Works Transition

Bike Setup:   Dura Ace/Ultegra, Corima 4 spoke tubs, Orbea Ora, Selle Italia NT1.

New 2015 Ordu

Getting my first Tri bike (2nd Orbea). 11-Speed 105 equipped 2015 Ordu just built up! Can't wait to complete my fitting and pick it up tomorrow. [ATTACH]298085[/ATTACH]Read More »

2010 Orbea Ordu for Sale.

[url=http://classifieds.roadbikereview.com/showproduct.php?product=27090&cat=]Obea Ordu Frame and Fork 2010 model. 57cm BLACK - RoadBikeREVIEW.Com[/url] Ordu up for sale. 2010 model. Frame and Fork ONLY! Ridden about 500 miles. Brand new frame. Too many bikes. Gotta sell.Read More »

Orbea - Ordu

Orbea Ordu - 57 Dura Ace Components Gray Carbon Fiber Wheelset - 9.0 Back - 5.0 Front Hard to find a better looking bikeRead More »

Ordu/ SRAM Red Issues

Hi guys, I've recently bought a 1st generation (2008 I think) Orbea Ordu, initially running on an Ultegra groupset and Zipp 404 clinchers. I decided to sell the Ultegra and 404s in order to upgrade to SRAM Red with R2C Shifters. The guy from my local bike shop informed me during the course of the ... Read More »

Orbea Ordu

Does anyone have any experience with the 2nd gen Ordu (2008? - 2010)? My wife has the opportunity to get an excellent deal on one. Both of us currently have Orbeas in our collection, but nothing of this caliber. As I haven't found that many reviews, any input would be appreciated. Thanks!Read More »