Quintana Roo Seduza Triathlon Bike

3.57/5 (7 Reviews)

• Store Price

Quintana Roo Seduza Ultegra: A classic example of trickle-down technology, the Seduza's design is influenced by our years of designing and manufacturing cutting-ege triathlon bikes. Featuring beautifully woven 12K carbon...

Submitted by Matt a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2010

Strengths:    lightweight, responsive, decent components for the price, bike can really get up and go at a moments notice

Bottom Line:
Bike is a 2010 Seduza and its a great bike. I have had it for just under a month and have been riding it about 20 miles a day. The reviews regarding the earlier models indicating issues with seat discomfort and tire / wheel issues are unfounded on this new model. I am extremely comfortable on the bike and feel like riding it all the time. The bike is responsive and its smoother than the bikes my friends have. Many of them have been riding for a lot longer than I have and I am able to keep up with easily on this bike. For the price its a great investment and I look forward to riding it for years to come. All 3 Sports in Atlanta great job.

Favorite Ride:   Quintana Roo Seduza

Price Paid:    $1999.00

Purchased At:   All 3 Sports

Bike Setup:   FSA Crank, Front Derailleur - 105, Rear Derailleur - Ultegra, Vision Clip on J Bars, Speedplay X5 pedals

Submitted by Kenny C a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2010

Strengths:    Frame Areo, responsive, nice looking

Weaknesses:    Alex 320s Wheels wore out in four months terrible. Replaced them with Dua-ace some day I will purchase Zips. FSA Omega Cranks way to heavy for me. Changed from 172.5 to 175 Dura ace. The Vision aero bars are next to go but ok for now. The Seat Quintana Roo very uncomfortable, changed for a profile tri-Stryke very nice way better.

Bottom Line:
I bought a 2009 Quintana Roo Seduza,for training and commuting to work. I really like the bike, but I am slowly changing the components. very areo and responsive, lots of complements. I like the bike allot I just have to lighten it up. When I'm done whatch out.

Favorite Ride:   Commuting to work and back 26+ one way

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   High Tech Bikes, San

Similar Products Used:   None first Tri bike I will stick with Quintana Roo

Bike Setup:   Out of the shop looks great but way to heavy. This is a very nice frame that needs upgrading.

Submitted by Colby Titland a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2010

Strengths:    Frame is light stiff and aero.

Weaknesses:    Wheelset, components and Qroo customer service.

Bottom Line:
Front deraileur bracket loosened upon normal use. I called Qroo to have the problem fixed in 2009, their "policy" it to warranty the frames for only three years. They did fix the deraileur bracket (which is their design flaw), but I had to pay for the work and shipping both ways.

Favorite Ride:   McNeal Canyon

Purchased At:   bike shop

Similar Products Used:   Cervelo P2 and Giant TCR Comp2 (both Giant and Cervelo have lifetime frame warranties)

Bike Setup:   Stock frame, mavic wheelset (to replace stock wheels), ultegra all around (to replace stock components)

Submitted by rookid010 a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2009

Strengths:    speed
agility
light
responsive
color

Weaknesses:    very weak components when purchased
great tires, aweful wheelset

Bottom Line:
I actually have a 2008 QR Seduza, it just wouldn't let me choose 2008 for the year. The frameset is one of the best frames i have seen on a bike. Everywhere i go, people have to comment on how nice the bike looks. The frame is really responsive and very light. I luckily picked the year where the bike came with d/a r. derailer ultegra front derailer and d/a aero shifters. For the 2009, they definately dumbed down the components all the way through. Except for the two derailers, this is pretty much a buy-and-build bike for me. Ive gotten rid of the aluminum components that came with it. Upgraded to Profile Design T2 cobra carbon stem, clip on bars, base bar and QSC brakes. Purchased new ultegra brakes and will most likely get new chain and cassette in the future, kinda dissapointed on some of the cheap components on it. The summer will most likely yield a FSA carbon crank of some sort. The wheels are absolutely aweful. Alex 320dx. Some of the worst i have ridden on. They have a terrible feel to them (will have to get some new ones when the bike is paid off). If one were to find just a frame of this bike, you would have a very good start off point. When i am done building this bike, it will be comfortable and a rocket on the road

Favorite Ride:   anytime any distance

chain and cassette (tbp)*

tbp* = to be purchased

Submitted by dnaelon a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2008

Strengths:    comfortable frame, light, stiff, responsive. Value

Weaknesses:    stock wheels are horrible, parts spec is a little cheap, internal cable routing can be hard to work with

Bottom Line:
Great frame and geometry. The spec was a little cheesy, coming w/ a 105 level cassette. Plus, the stock wheels are just horrible. I put a rating in for the ALX320s and how bad they are.
The bike however, is just amazing. Comfortable, light, stiff, and responsive. I put some upgrades in which make the bike just amazing. I swapped the crank after a year to a KForce and went DA front to back.... this thing flies for me now. Awesome bike, best value BY FAR for the money!

Favorite Ride:   Polar Bear Metric Century

Purchased At:   Inside Out Sports

Used Quintana Roo Seduza (2008)

Found an ad local (which is shocking given the local market) for a used Quintana Roo Seduza. From the picture it looks to be an '08. I don't really NEED a Tri bike, but was thinking of getting one if the price was right for tri training and to take the clip ons off my Allez. I know some very kn ... Read More »

2009 Quintana Roo Seduza

I am thinking of getting a tri bike to take the clip on aero bars off my Allez. Local guy is selling an '09 Quintana Roo Seduza. Assuming good condition on it what so you think it's worth? Bike was $1900 new, is carbon with 105 front and Ultegra rear. Any thoights on the bike or brand?Read More »