Spinervals Spinervals 7.0 The Uphill Grind Videos

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Submitted by a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2004

Strengths:    I am actually training muscles that I usually don't train nearly as much and as such feel that this workout complements my regular road routine very well. Having doe these trainer rides for the past couple of months I actually feel stronger coming out of the winter season then I went in. Quite a surprise.

Weaknesses:    None for the product but it sure takes discipline to keep it going on a trainer!

Bottom Line:
I finally gave in this winter and got some tapes to work out on the trainer. I figured living in the South you wouldn't need it much but it has been a real life safer. I must say that the trainer workouts with these tapes actually complement actual road training very well. I am using 4 different Spinervale tapes at thew moment. Uphill grind is my favorite evening workout, the time-trial special is a great rainy weekend day workout, the Zook challenge and the suffer-o-rama are great morning workouts. You can really get your heart going on this one. I routinely pushed myself to 174bpm towards the end. About the only workout you can get close to 1000kcal in 50 minutes.

Favorite Ride:   Specialized S-works

Purchased At:   Performance Bike

Submitted by jarrard a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2004

Strengths:    WORKED MUCH HARDER THEN I DID WITH MY OLD IRONMAN SHOW TAPES I'VE USED IN THE PAST.

Weaknesses:    ITS INDOORS AND I HAVE A PERFORMANCE MAG TRAINER SO I HAD CHANGE IT A LITTLE, BUT IT WAS NOT A BIG PROBLEM

Bottom Line:
I REALLY LIKED IT! IT SEEMS LIKE A GOOD WORK OUT THAT SHOULD HELP MY CLIMBING. I HAD A 167HR AT THE END OF THE 4 BIGGER CLIMB SETS AND 45 MIN IS ABOUT RIGHT. I PLAN TO BUY THE TIME TRIAL NEXT.

Favorite Ride:   Rain