Blackburn Atom SL 6.0 Cyclometer Computers

? Digital rear wheel wireless transmitter ? Thin and lightweight ? Barometric altimeter accurate to 0.1 meters ? Dual trip arrival time Wireless cadence ? Current, average and max speed with pace arrow ? Trip distance/odometer ? Ride...

Submitted by stuart

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2014

Strengths:    great when works as it should

Weaknesses:    transmission issues. The max range of the sensors from the head unit is far less than stated in the manual or is practical. this makes the product unusable!

Bottom Line:
When working, this is a great product, However, my cad and spd sensor are well within the 40" range and they only work intermittently. This is very frustrating when trying to train within cadence zones or when measuring the distance of a ride.

I have reset the ID as per the instruction manual but the problem still remains.

Further more I've just been on to the warranty information of the BlackBurn website to discover they wont honour their life time warranty. "Blackburn is not able to receive or ship product outside of the United States; we cannot be responsible for products ordered from US dealers and shipped to another country. Service through the original seller may be available, if the local distributor is unable to assist."

Poor product and poor service, I'd recommending looking for alternatives.

Submitted by J Moore

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2013

Strengths:    Lots of features for a reasonable price.

Weaknesses:    Signal strength is weak.

Bottom Line:
4/21/13 - I really want to love to blackburn atom sl 6.0 because its a great value (~$65-$90, based on online searches) for cadence, speedo, altimeter, eta, 2 bikes functionality, chain stay transmitters(great for a trainer) and easy to read display. But I can't love it, let alone like it because the signal does not transmit with in the 40" range specified by the manufacturer. I found the range is only about 20" which puts the display on the seat tube or on the top tube so close to the seat tube it is out of view while riding. As of this writing I was able to find only one other review on cyclechat.net with the same problem, except I have no other devices mounted on my bicycle that would cause interference. I will return this computer. Like I mentioned earlier, I want to love this computer but considering I can't see the display while riding I cannot justify any rating above the lowest rating available.