CatEye Micro Wireless/CC-MC100W Computers

4.33/5 (3 Reviews)

• Stem and handlebar mount
  • Manual odometer set
  • Universal bracket and sensor mount
  • Conversion friendly speed unit
  • Handlebar mount size: 22-32mm

Submitted by Omalon a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2010

Strengths:    I like the size of the display and of the over all unit. The display battery needs to be replaced every year and the senor battery seems to last 2 years.

Weaknesses:    Back light feature quit after 6 months. Also, the unit was difficult to program the first time. You need to remember your total miles and wheel size before changing the unit battery.

Bottom Line:
This unit came with my Trike and has over 19,000 miles on the unit. I use it in the MPH and clock mode most of the time and the clock is very accurate. I like the size of the display and with my old eyes, it's very easy to read.

Favorite Ride:   Rail to Trails

Purchased At:   Trimuter.com

Similar Products Used:   Vetta (BikeE Model)

Bike Setup:   Trimuter Trike (Big Wheel)

Submitted by DrSmile a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2009

Strengths:    Bulletproof. Can be found online for $30-35 shipped. Dual tire size / odometer feature. Black version looks sleek, silver version looks bling.

Weaknesses:    No cadence. No GPS. Needs new batteries every year. The wireless is sometimes thrown off by traffic lights or power lines. It works fine with my LED lights.

Bottom Line:
I have the Micro on all my bikes. It doesn't have cadence which is it's only major drawback, but I always thought cadence was overrated anyways - I have been riding for 25 years and I know what my cadence is without reading a screen. This computer is small, cheap, wireless, and most importantly - it's bulletproof. If it's not working, I guarantee it isn't broken; instead, the battery is dead in either the display unit or the sensor. It has some useful features like dual odometer and dual tire size, as well as a backlit screen. It's easy to clean and waterproof. I have ridden through downpours, mud pits, windstorms, you name it (have it on the road bike and mtb) and none of my micros have ever died.

Favorite Ride:   I'll never tell!

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   I break everything else.

Bike Setup:   I have used / use this computer on 7 bikes ranging from mtb to road to time trial.

Submitted by quichedem a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2008

Strengths:    Compact, backlight screen, auto on/off

Weaknesses:    haven't had it too long, but it hasn't failed me yet

Bottom Line:
I had a schwinn wireless before this, so anything's good after that. This computer does everything I want it to do, and has 2 different modes in case you want to use it on another bike.

Purchased At:   speedgoat.com

Similar Products Used:   schwinn wireless that I got with a gift card to Academy.

Bike Setup:   Stock 2008 Six13