CatEye Mity 3 Computers

3.29/5 (14 Reviews)

Cateye Mity 3

Submitted by Keith

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2015

Strengths:    Excellent

Weaknesses:    none that I know

Bottom Line:
I had lost my instruction manual.
I emailed the Australian agent and received a very helpful reply the next business day

Submitted by tim morris a Commuter

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2011

Strengths:    easy to set up and read, simple information is displayed

Weaknesses:    the error problem

Bottom Line:
it's a simple computer, easy to set up and gives accurate results. But the average speed computes an error if I go more than 600km without a reset.

Submitted by Mr. Versatile a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2006

Strengths:    It has all the good basic functions. Easy to read. Easily changed to a different bike with different wheel size.

Weaknesses:    Completly indecipherable owners manual. Had to call the support line 3 times to clarify how to set the $%^$% up. Cateyes, IME, just do not last. I've owned many computers over the years, and every single one has been better than the Cateyes in terms of set-up and longevity.

Bottom Line:
It's a typical Cateye. I've owned 5 Cateye computers, and I've never had one last 2000 mi. or more.

who should buy this? Anyone who likes to spend $$ and time changing computers 2 or 3 times per year.

Favorite Ride:   the next one

Similar Products Used:   Nashbar, Performance, Avocet,

Bike Setup:   Steel DeRosa with carbon fork. All Campy Chorus.

Submitted by Nigeyy a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2005

Strengths:    Still works. Very cheap.

Weaknesses:    Arcane way of getting to some functionality; pressing the back reset button required?!! You haven't got the manual? Forget about it. Not intuitive. Buttons are on the side at the bottom to press, not as easy at having them on the top.

Bottom Line:
Hate to be one of the few people who don't like this, but I really don't think much of this. It seems to be well made, and certainly still functions after a year, but the biggest problem I have is its lack of intuitiveness. In comparison to my Vetta CR-16 (still works after 4+ years) it's a bear to remember which buttons to press, particularly if you have this computer on a backup bike you don't use often. Thank goodness I put the manual in a safe place! Lastly, I find fault with the button placement; they are on the bottom at the side -I find it much more awkward to press them when I'm riding -especially when you have to press both of them simutaneously (usually you use your thumb at the bottom so you can't press two buttons in easily)..... I just don't think it's very well thought out.

Definitely won't be buying one again -there have to be better thought out computers than this.

Purchased At:   Nashbar

Similar Products Used:   Vetta, Mity, Nashbar brand, etc

Submitted by cam a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: March 27, 2005

Strengths:    excellent usability. i mean the info u want to see is in 3 sections, so if you wanna see a time, ride time or time of day, you just go to the second function.

Weaknesses:    no weaknesses if this is what you want, ie. i want a computer with cadence but i guess thats not a weakness of the computer

Bottom Line:
i have had this computer since i first got my bike and it has been a great starter computer. i have had no problems what-so-ever. it is very easy to set up and even easier to use.

Bike Setup:   trek 2500, ultegra groupset