CatEye Strada Cadence Computers

2.78/5 (9 Reviews)

The Strada Cadence by Cateye is an easy to use computer that allows you to keep track of your pedal cadence and your current speed. With Cateyes FlexTight bracket allows you to easily mount the Strada on your handlebar or stem. Cade...

Submitted by Barry Basso

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2016

Strengths:    nice when it syncs up

Weaknesses:    very difficult to keep in sync
sync procedure is tedious and hit or miss
you can waste a lot of time trying to make it work
annoying when you are on a long ride and computer stops working

Bottom Line:
requires two different types of batteries (made sure the batteries were new)- the process of trying to get the unit to sync up is tedious and you need to try over and over until it works. thought i was tech savvy enough to follow directions also followed sync directions on utube unit is supposed to sync to different sensors for two bikes, but i only have one bike and this feature just adds to the confusion ....... another century ride without a computer - expected much more from cateye. my unit is a little over a year old - not buying from cateye again. unit lost sync in May then June and now it is going in the trash.

Bike Setup:   Road

Submitted by vibhaker

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2015

Strengths:    Compact size, cadence, speed and HR Monitoring included, its a wonderful piece to have on a bike.

Weaknesses:    Nil so far.

Bottom Line:
I have been using Cateye products for years ; lights, computers etc. I like their quality and had no problems with any of their products so far. I recently got the 430 model computer and im enjoying my rides with the data i need. Will recommend Cateye products to one and all.

Submitted by Roger

Date Reviewed: January 25, 2013

Strengths:    Looks nice

Weaknesses:    Unreliabile.

Bottom Line:
I haveused many cateye products icluding lighting systems and cycle computers and found them to consistently do exactly what they claim. Recently I decided to have all my bikes use the same type of computer. I brought three strada cadence units. Within weeks the cadance sensor cable broke on one. Soon after I found a second stopped working because of corrosion of the contacts. The third now stops working because it is loose . I jiggle it and it works again but hard won ks aren't recorded. I can"t believe cateye have released such a rubbish design. I realy can't believe I have three of these pieces of crap.

Submitted by Bumpstop

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2013

Strengths:    Lightweight, well made.

Weaknesses:    Wiring, long term stability of the mount.

Bottom Line:
These are a very popular computer, can't believe no one's reviewed it. The GF and I must have 5 or 6 of these going on all the bikes. They do what they claim to do. My beef is that after a couple of years the computer will no longer sit tightly in the mount and begin to slip and fail to read signals, sometime later it will fall out entirely, esp when bumped lightly. Until that happens, its great!! It is the mount/base component that is at fault due to soft plastic. Installation is pretty easy, however you may not like the aesthetic of all the wires running along your bike's chainstay and downtube. In a fairly heavy rain the contacts between the computer and mount will short out, you have to pull the computer out and blow the water off to get it displaying again. 1 x CR2032 battery life is about a year for me, these cost about $3. I find the display hard to read at times, as it is not huge, but that is because it is not huge, it is small! I keep buying them, so I must think they're the way to go.