Lemond Fitness RevMaster Pilot Computers

1.5/5 (2 Reviews)

The Power Pilot is a power meter that works with the LeMond Fitness Revolution trainer, enabling users to measure cadence, heart rate, watts, calories, speed and distance during their workouts.

Submitted by budman50 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2011

Strengths:    Clarity of display, ease of getting a HR signal.

Weaknesses:    Lack of memory for all things important. Also I don't believe the low calorie computations I am getting (compared to other bikes and HR monitors). Product support was rude to me on the phone and not knowledgable about their own equipment.

Bottom Line:
Not friendly for home use. While it has a nice layout for displaying the key information (cadence, distance, HR, time, etc.), it has key failings. 1. It does not remember my personal information (weight, age, and several heart rate targets), so I have to take 2-3 minutes to enter it every time I ride. 2. If I pause to answer the door, the phone, or take a quick bathroom break, it loses all information (time and distance as well as my personal settings). 3. It doesn't keep lifetime information, which I would like since I am the only user of the bike.

Similar Products Used:   Schwin bikes.

Submitted by Scott Peters a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2009

Bottom Line:
Poor product if you are the person that has to keep a room full of them running. Battery life is 6 months or less, to change batteries you have to remove the belt guard. Not enough channels for a room full of bikes bike placement is critical for proper operation. I have had 2 transmitters just stop transmitting. I wish there was another option or an upgraded version that consumes less power and runs without batteries on the transmitting side.