Mavic Wintech Wireless Computers

2.65/5 (23 Reviews)

Mavic''s entry into the cyclecomputer market is a tightly integrated wireless unit that incorporates a magnetic pickup into the front quick release skewer. The result is a super-clean and tidy system with no wires to snag and no brackets to fall off.

Submitted by Rory O'Driscoll

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2014

Strengths:    Absolutely none

Weaknesses:    Crap - Do not buy this. I can't even get it to start and stop. Nothing in manual tells me it is automatic and I still don't know. Have used many bike computers and this is the worst by a million miles. Software is terrible, manual is useless. I eventually uploaded one trip = 839 Km in 8 hrs - no idea where that came from and no help anywhere. Mavic shoudl be ashamed of this

Bottom Line:
DO NOT BUY

Submitted by mosinglespeeder

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2013

Strengths:    none, unless you need a headache

Weaknesses:    set up is awkward, ill thought out
digital pairing is pathetic
troubleshooting and manuals are typical mavic, and forget support, they purposely do not have any support to offer on any products, and LBS knows as much as anyone who can read this limited manual

Bottom Line:
see above, its not worth my time to go further...just don't buy one unless you want a headache

Submitted by Paul Dutra

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2012

Strengths:    Good looking.

Weaknesses:    Everything else.

Bottom Line:
What a waste of money, stay away from this. As everyone has said, the manual, instructions and illustrations are a joke. I'm no rookie and have installed four other cyclocomputers, yet have spend hours trying to get this thing to read. Forget it. Even took it to my bike shop and the mechanic couldn't get it to work either. Going back to Cateye or Specialized. Would never buy anything by Mavic again.

Submitted by gtquan a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2009

Strengths:    Big display. Sleek. Easy to use. Cadence magnet install is hidden. Bar mount works well. Has pretty much every function I need.

Weaknesses:    Transmitter mounting could be improved as with most zip tie mounting solutions. Not waterproof apparently as someone else mentioned.

Bottom Line:
I'm a recreational rider and like technology. I had to get a new bike to replace one that was stolen. I didn't want the stock saddle and seatpost (carbon) so they gave me the Wintech FS with cadence instead - value $140 Canadian.

Sleek looking computer and easy to read. No problem mounting the computer on the bars. The zip ties for the transmitter didn't work well on my fork so I had used a silicon caulking to secure it and have the zip ties attached in case something bumps it so I don't lose it if the silicone fails. The transmitters themselves are quite small. The cadence transmitter is the basically the same as the main transmitter. During setup you register it separtely - must be on a different frequency or something. The magnet for cadence fits inside the recess for the pedal so nothing to actually tie to the crank arm. Hard to get it straight but I don't think it could fall off - magnet is really strong. Like most wireless computers the magnet needs to pass very close to the transmitter (<4mm) or it wont work - I found this with my old cateye 2.

Instructions are not the best but not really complicated. The computer has the standard functions including multiple chronographs. Basic functions are very easy to access. The multiple chronographs are a little trickier but I'm not using that function. No signal loss like I used to have with the cateye2. Takes several seconds to start registering (<10) and also several seconds to stop (<10).

No problems yet and it looks great. I would like to try the e-bolt transmitter for my other bike and see how it functions. I would recommend it.

Favorite Ride:   Any w/ friends

Purchased At:   Wheels of Bloor

Similar Products Used:   Cateye 2 wireless, Fitzer DB4L wireless

Bike Setup:   Aguila titanium, FSA carbon pro team issue cranks, FSA k-wing bars, FSA stem and seat post, ultegra shifters, Rol Race SLs, Fitzik Aliante carbon saddle, time RXS carbon pedals (currently being serviced)

Submitted by ridecuzican a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2009

Weaknesses:    Instructions are crap, altimeter is not accurate, no average cadence, and only way to use warranty is through dealer.

Bottom Line:
Don't get. Unit leaked and Mavic will not replace for dealer saying it got "wet". Yes it got wet, it was raining.