Sigma Sport BC 1106 DTS Computers

2.44/5 (9 Reviews)

Sigma Sport BC 1106 is for the cyclist in need of top athletic performance. Digital transmission that is coded. No interference from other riders. The BC 1106 with its diversity of functions is the right choice for the athletically ambitious biker. Th

Submitted by PlatyPius a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2010

Strengths:    1. Ease of setup
2. Ease of installation
3. Ease of use
4. Great warranty department
5. Great features for the $

Weaknesses:    Like all electronics, there have been some units that just died and a few scrambled readings. I have experienced the odd reading problem twice in the 10+ years that I have been using Sigma computers.

Bottom Line:
I have been using Sigma computers for years. I've also used Mavic, CatEye, Vetta, Trek, Specialized, Planet Bike, and I'm sure others that I've forgotten.

Sigma is the easiest computer to install and set up. Period. If you can't do it, you probably need to be reminded to breathe. If the o-rings don't work in your situation, every Sigma mount has holes for zip ties (and even includes the zip ties)

Purchased At:   Covered Bridge Cycle

Similar Products Used:   CatEye V3, Planet Bike Protege 9.0, Vetta something-or-other, Sigma Rox 9.0

Bike Setup:   2009 Scott CR-1 Pro
Campagnolo Record Ergo levers, front derailleur, and brake calipers
SRAM Rival crank
Torelli Aspect wheelset
Time iClic pedals
Brooks B-17 Narrow saddle

Submitted by Lukey a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2010

Strengths:    big display.

Weaknesses:    All other areas.

Bottom Line:
Purchased the Sigma 1106 DTS a year ago and it is the biggest POS item I have ever owned.
First the terminal for the sensor battery died. PBK sent me a free replacement(great service). Now 6 months later the whole unit just doesnt measure speed. Fine if I only want the time but otherwise crap.

Favorite Ride:   GIANT DEFY

Purchased At:   Freedom Machine

Submitted by wamprunner a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2010

Strengths:    Reliable, accurate, quick, secure, and easy mount, great customer service

Weaknesses:    Must remember to restart computer if stopped for more then 5 minutes.

Bottom Line:
I have several of these on multiple bikes both wired and wireless mounts. One of them doing double duty on a couple of bikes.

Easy to use, easy to read (unlike a Cateye Micro I also own), my LBS set them up for me with special tool Sigma provides. And it's very accurate as long as you keep your tire inflation consistent (true with any bike computer).

Had one unit fail and contacted Sigma CS... long story short, I received a brand new replacement unit in less then a week. A++ customer service. Looks nice on the bikes and easy to mount. Stays put if you use correct rubber mounting gasket and you're not pounding on the light touch buttons during use.

Favorite Ride:   Anything over 50 miles

Similar Products Used:   Cateye Micro (hard to read), Nashbar (truely a cheap POS)

Submitted by Greg C a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2010

Strengths:    looks decent, big screen, has a Clock that consistently works.

Weaknesses:    The first weakness was the instructions to set it up. After finally figuring out how to mount it via the instructions it didn't really stay on securely with the provided rubber bands. I would press the buttons on it and, it would lean over to the side of the stem. It is an awful mounting design. I ended up using one of the stronger/smaller rubber bands (that was meant for the Fork transmitter mount according to the instructions) on the mount for the computer. it aided the problem but it still will lean off to the side when buttons are pushed. So then all of a sudden after about 80 miles of use it stopped working. It would randomly start working here and there but the readings didn't seem accurate. I checked the magnet and the transmitter which seem to be working fine but, its still doing a lot of nothing randomly.

Bottom Line:
Bought this because it was cheap and all, the bike stores carried sigma. So i figured it would be a decent cyclometer. it looked nice in the package. opened it up to find some awful set up instructions.

Purchased At:   bluskycycling.com

Similar Products Used:   Cat-eye strada.

Bike Setup:   2010 Giant Defy Compact

Submitted by m239 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2009

Strengths:    It has a clock that works consistently - no actually I need to take that back - even the clock stopped after 4 months - batteries died - depsite it hardly being used while it was off the bike in the shop.

Weaknesses:    where to begin

doesn't reliably give speed, distance, odometer or anything else useful

Bottom Line:
Well the question asks 'How long have you used the product?'

I have unfortunately owned this piece of rubbish for 6 months - I have tried to use it for only about 3 weeks.

It is total rubbish - do not even consider buying it.

I have had it replaced TWICE - both times took over 4 weeks for it to be sent back - same problems - 6 trips to the shop to take it back - have them 'test' it - send it back - I then go back and pick up the replacement.

I was not very happy with the service from BikePro (in Melbourne, Australia) - kept telling me it must be powerlines, tests ok, then they tell me they have lots of problems with Sigma products and are going to stop selling them - 6 months later they are still selling them - not sure how that works - surely if you know a product is poor and gives you and your customers problems you stop selling it - anyway - I had to constantly chase them for my replacement - they never once bothered to ring me despite saying they would.

So that's a review of the shop - a bit of a digression.

The unit itself - truly useless.

Like many of the other reviewers - it only works intermittently - the only function that works is the clock.

So don't buy one of these pieces of junk if you want information like speed, distance, odometer, average speed etc.

If you want a clock on your handlebars - go for it.

I have today given up on mine - literally threw it out in the rubbish - for the 6 months I've had it - I've been without a computer for about half that time - and the other half of the time when I had this garbage on my bike - all I had was a clock.

Favorite Ride:   Beach Rd