Sigma Sport Rox 9.1 Wireless Computers

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Sigma Rox 9.1 Cycle Computer + Heart Rate Monitor has amyriad of features with the digital Ghost Race the most impressive of all. The Sigma ROX 9.1 shows the rider all performance information at a glance. Based on Sigma's Power formula the ROX 9.1 calcul

Submitted by Lothar

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2016

Strengths:    Lots of info on your fingertips. If you are not to worried about GPS location or Strava, this will be an excellent choice. I used it for 3 years now, changed battery once. Has a power watt feature that is pretty accurate considering. Altimeter works great and I love the second bike function, picks up the bike used automatically. The extra sensors are a bit pricy compared to the overall price.

Weaknesses:    The software is a bit hard the get used to, but has all the data you will want. It would be nice to have more than 7 rides before you loose data, I seem to be always downloading info if you want to keep track of your milage.

Bottom Line:
One of the better computers on the market that over heart rate, altitude and wattage. Battery life is excellent, you have more info on your hands than what you know what to do, Wireless works great, easy to operate and pretty accurate. If you want a higher accuracy, that you have to pay the price, for my needs I found it to be excellent.

Submitted by Robert Reible

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2014

Strengths:    Lot of features on a single display, (HR, cadence, speed, elevation, incline, temp etc) many options for setup, Data Center has finally come of age with version 3.2

Weaknesses:    Manual is not as clear as other Sigma Sport Models, I found it cumbersome to navigate the setup. I feel the price is on the high side

Bottom Line:
Great overall and I am very happy with it. It is the step if you don't want a Garmin. I use it only on my Road bike Orbea Orca Bronze with Di2 and only do distance rides. Logging of rides in 5 sec intervals works well and can be downloaded with optional docking station to the Sigma Data Center 3.2 and provides a graph and chart of everything. Also can give you max/mins and averages for each function.

I have not check the accuracy of the functions like altitude, temp, time.

No issues with battery life but it is early. I have dropped it on the pavement a couple of times and no scuffs or scratches.

I did find an issue with the memory for logging rides. First it only does the last 7 rides and on my last ride it just stopped at mile 20 of a 40 mile ride because the memory was full. If you are doing a big ride like the HHH, I would think you would have to enter 7 dummy rides because the web site says you cannot delete the memory.

Not enough to change the overall perception just a question on "what were they thinking when they set up the software?"