Sigma Sport Rox 9.1 Wireless Computers

Sigma Rox 9.1 Cycle Computer + Heart Rate Monitor has amyriad of features with the digital Ghost Race the most impressive of all. The Sigma ROX 9.1 shows the rider all performance information at a glance. Based on Sigma's Power formula the ROX 9.1 calcul

Submitted by Robert Reible

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2014

Strengths:    Lot of features on a single display, (HR, cadence, speed, elevation, incline, temp etc) many options for setup, Data Center has finally come of age with version 3.2

Weaknesses:    Manual is not as clear as other Sigma Sport Models, I found it cumbersome to navigate the setup. I feel the price is on the high side

Bottom Line:
Great overall and I am very happy with it. It is the step if you don't want a Garmin. I use it only on my Road bike Orbea Orca Bronze with Di2 and only do distance rides. Logging of rides in 5 sec intervals works well and can be downloaded with optional docking station to the Sigma Data Center 3.2 and provides a graph and chart of everything. Also can give you max/mins and averages for each function.

I have not check the accuracy of the functions like altitude, temp, time.

No issues with battery life but it is early. I have dropped it on the pavement a couple of times and no scuffs or scratches.

I did find an issue with the memory for logging rides. First it only does the last 7 rides and on my last ride it just stopped at mile 20 of a 40 mile ride because the memory was full. If you are doing a big ride like the HHH, I would think you would have to enter 7 dummy rides because the web site says you cannot delete the memory.

Not enough to change the overall perception just a question on "what were they thinking when they set up the software?"