Trek Trek Incite Link Team (Wireless) Computers

I purchased this expensive cyclocomputer thinking that its high price would mean dependability and that it would be truly worth the price. Unfortunately, this was not the case and this is the worst computer I've ever had. You are far better off buying a $50 one.

Functions are all quite basic and include: average/max/current cadence and speed, odometer, max/current heart rate and heart rate zones, temperature, riding time and clock.

Why I need to know the temperature I'm not sure. I had been excited about being able to use the heart rate function so as to not have to use my heart rate monitor at the same time but it only picked up my heart rate monitor once and it was only for a few seconds. My heart rate watch was able to receive the signal it but this could not.

What I also found very frustrating is that, unlike my last computer, it takes a bit for the computer to start up. When turned on it has to get a signal from each part (speed, cadence, heart rate) before starting. This may only take 20 seconds or so but if you press a button by accident before you start riding and it doesn't receive these signals it simply won't appear at all and you have to wait for it to go back into "sleep mode" in order to restart it again and send its signal in order to work. Save your money.

Submitted by Fred Pevarnek a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2009

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    Does not work, where is Trek help?

Bottom Line:
I bought a Trek Incite Link Team DW and it is a piece of garbage. Can't get the thing to work, the temperature doesn't even work and I've change out the batteries. The instructions are some of the worst I have ever seen. Please do not buy this waste of money