Vetta C500 Cyclometer Computers

3.33/5 (3 Reviews)

Vetta C500 Cyclometer

Submitted by lynnsu a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2004

Strengths:    none

Weaknesses:    won't last forever.

Bottom Line:
I have had three of these . They are useless when the weather changes, anything changes.THey are tempermental and if I could find something as cheap I would buy it.

Favorite Ride:   Holland Bike

Purchased At:   From Bill

Submitted by Mitch from Canada a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2003

Strengths:    Durability, low power consumption.
Weatherproofness
Easy to use, big buttons, can be pressed with winter gloves

Weaknesses:    Could reset unexpectedly and mileage could not be re-entered.
Wish it had cadence.

Bottom Line:
Have had this computer for almost 5-6 years. I have the wireless version and still have the original batteries. Easy to read, lots of functions (missing cadence). Only problem: when I first got it and it reset after about a year, and I was upset that I couldn't reintroduce my mileage. I readjusted the battery contacts and haven't had any problems since. Stuck a piece of thin cardboard in there to stop the battery from moving around.

Similar Products Used:   some ultra-cheap sporting store variety

Submitted by Bart Kreutzer a Weekend Warrior from Leavenworth, Kansas

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2003

Strengths:    Durability...I have had this thing in the shed for three years. Bought batteries today and fired it back up...The Sigma cyle computer I bought a couple of years ago faded out on me. I went with the Sigma cause it had cadence capabilities.But the Vetta still lives the Sigma is dead.

Weaknesses:    Dunno...I have to start using it again to remember if it has any. But I need some help. I lost my instructions. I need to know what number I need to key into it for a 700c by 20 wheel size. If anybody knows please e-mail me. bkreutzer@lvnworth.com.

Bottom Line:
I bought the Vetta C500 long time ago I dunno...5 years ago maybe? When did they first come out? That is probably when I bought it.

Favorite Ride:   the road

Purchased At:   don't remember maybe

Similar Products Used:   Sigma Wireless forget the model number 1200 maybe I dunno.

Bike Setup:   Tommassini Prestige road bike. Dura Ace and Ultegra mix componets.