Ascent Delta HR Heart Rate Monitors

3.67/5 (6 Reviews)

• Current/average/maximum speed
  • Speed comparison indicator
  • Trip distance and ride time
  • Current/average/maximum heart rate
  • Programmable target zone
  • Out of zone alarm and calorie counter
  • Dual wheel size settings

Submitted by CycleCat95 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2011

Strengths:    -Good deal for its price.
-Gets the job done.

Weaknesses:    -Poor quality
-Lack of reliability
-Lack of features

Bottom Line:
My expierience with this heart rate monitor has resulted in more than a fair share of hassle and irratance. Though this product should perform adequately for any non-competetive cyclist looking too keep tabs on a little more than time and distance, for a competetive road racer such as myself it lacks the quality, features and reliablity needed to satisfy the needs of a structured training plan. The computer has intermitantly provided both a lack of and eratic heart rate readings even with a healthy dose of signal enhancing gel and will also give off false speed readings, 98mph for example, while stationary on a trainer. I have been pleasantly surprised by the fact that I have yet to deal with any structural issues with the product as the shell of the computer is composed of cheap plastic and gives off a rather rickety vibe. The product posses only the most basic features such as time, distane, average speed, max. speed, maximum heart rate, and average heart rate. I have, amzingly, managed to train quite well over the winter with this heart rate monitor despite its lack of features and quality but have since ordered a polar cs600 to better suit my needs. I would recomend this product, for it does work most of the time and is a serious bang for the buck with its low price point, but only to a recreational cyclist wanting to save a little money on a basic heart rate monitor.

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   Polar Cs600x

Bike Setup:   2009 Fuji Team
Mavic Ksryium Equipes
Ultegra/105 drivetrain

Submitted by josiemalik a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2010

Strengths:    easy to use and read

Bottom Line:
I love this computer with heart rate monitor - it is easy to use and all functions are easy to access. Now I have room on my handle bars for other stuff

Submitted by MarioP a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2009

Strengths:    Great value/ easy to set up and work. wireless.

Weaknesses:    No Cadence/ discontinued item not sure why though.

Bottom Line:
Great item, The only weekness is the sender unit of the heart monitor; i have been using the one that came with a sigma watch(better quality Chest band) and i haven't had a problem. For the money you can't do better.

Favorite Ride:   Palm Beach

Purchased At:   E-Bay

Similar Products Used:   Cateye Cadence

Bike Setup:   Specialized Tarmac Elite/upgraded

Submitted by howard4113 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 12, 2009

Strengths:    Cheapest HRM computer I could find. Easy to program wheel size, weight....

Bottom Line:
Has everything I need - trip ODO, speed, heartrate, avg+max speed, Kcal burn. I've had no problems with the HRM at all - even my iPhone doesn't interfere with the wireless functions. I saw in one review that it doesn't have auto-off. Well it does. The trip timer stops when you stop, so the total time, avg speed... are accurate. When your trip is done it goes into clock mode - you still get a display; so auto-off DOES work.

Purchased At:   Performance

Submitted by Dave_M a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2009

Strengths:    Easy to read, control and setup.
Great bargain. Regular price is $89.

Weaknesses:    Don't drop it. It can crack the display.

Bottom Line:
After reading the prior review, I decided to let everyone know that I've not had any trouble with the heart rate monitor on this computer. It is a solid performer for me. I did drop it about 6 months ago and cracked the LCD. I went into performance bike and they swap it out for me (no hassles). I recommend it.

Purchased At:   34.99

Bike Setup:   It's wireless! The computer mount allows you to remove the computer to avoid theft. Just set the tire size and you are good to go.