Polar CS100 Heart Rate Monitors

2.45/5 (11 Reviews)

• Store Price

Polar CS100 Heart Rate Monitor has the following features: Wireless ECG accurate heart rate. Polar OwnZone?, Polar OwnCal?, Polar OwnCode?, Target zones with visual alarm, Target zones with audible alarm, Maximum heart rate of total exercise.

Submitted by Mike

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2013

Strengths:    does exactly what it should when set up properly, affordable, reasonably large digit display of data for my vintage eyes. Have never had problems picking up HR, I just wet pickup with saliva if I want immediate feedback, or just wait a couple minutes until I'm sweating does the trick too. I also like the mounting systems for head unit and fork sensors

Weaknesses:    bit of a pain to replace battery in sensor by splitting the case, but much cheaper than buying a new sensor. May work better with non-standard magnet

Bottom Line:
have not had any problems with mine at all- it seems very sensitive to magnet strength however and has worked much better with the round style cateye brand magnet I used. When the battery dies in the fork mounted sensor, I thought it was ridiculous that you had to replace the entire sensor, so I carefully sliced the case in half at the joint line, installed a new battery, then epoxied the case back together so it would be waterproof. Repeat when needed, has worked fine after I did that. If you try to replace the sensor battery yourself, be careful with a sharp razor blade or you'll end up slicing your finger(s) rather than the case, but I'm a cheapskate. Fortunately, batteries seem to last a long time in my unit

Submitted by john finch

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2012

Strengths:    looks the part

Weaknesses:    heart rate monitor never works, really annoying.

Bottom Line:
dont waste your money never works properly bin it!!!!!!

Submitted by Brad Clark

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2012

Strengths:    Easy set-up.

Weaknesses:    Heart rate monitor rarely functions properly, if at all.

Bottom Line:
I have had a few of these Polar HR Monitors, and they are all fickle, at best. My current CS100 logs my speed and distance (though not very accurate), but the heart rate monitor almost never works. Spend your money on a different product.

Submitted by Retondaro a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2011

Strengths:    It had all information I needed, but just when it works

Weaknesses:    Need a umbrella an a shock absorber for it! Chinese products resist more! There is a delay to show the real speed.

Bottom Line:
I needed a heart rate monitor that should be wireless, with cadence, and that could show hear rate, speed and time to be used in TT competitions. i chose Polar because I had an S150 that works very well.

I bought 3, because I have 3 bikes. And I had problems with all. I suppose they was project to work indoor in a training roller. CS 100 do not resist road shimmy and rain. All of I bought had problems. they died 2 times under warranty, each one. It is a deception!

Purchased At:   e-bay

Similar Products Used:   Echowell, Serfas. Just a simple monitor, but reliable!

Bike Setup:   Felt F5 SL 2009, Wilier Triestina Mortirolo 2008,

Submitted by Tom Bartholomew a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2010

Strengths:    Provides intelligent read outs of the most important
Info, speed, distance, HR

Weaknesses:    More options than one needs

Bottom Line:
I found a good deal on EBay and bought before I read the mostly negative reviews on your site. I expected the worst. I feel compelled to submit a review as my experience has been all good! Installation was straight forward and the function has been ideal. Can't believe these reviews sometimes

Favorite Ride:   Wildwest hammerfest

Purchased At:   Ebay

Bike Setup:   Trek compact, shimano

Anyone use Polar CS100?

I just received a Polar CS100 as a gift (computer w/ HR). Really excited about it, great features, easy to use, but . . . 1. Battery was dead on arrival, had to replace. 2. 3 days/3 uses later, this morning it is completely blank again. It has a warranty, so I can send it in for repair - c ... Read More »

Polar CS100 vs CS200

I was thinking about getting the CS100. There is a sale this weekend that has the CS200 for almost the same price as a CS100. I figured the CS200 should have more features than the CS100; my logic being that 200 is > 100 it would be better and is more expensive. I checked Polar's website [url]h ... Read More »

Polar CS100

Has anyone used this new Polar computer yet? It looks to have a great combination of features when used with their wireless cadence option. Is the Polar wireless cadence reliable? Is the new stem-or-bar mounting system solid? Can't tell from the pics. Thanks.Read More »