Sigma Sport PC 14 Heart Rate Monitors

3.86/5 (14 Reviews)

The optimum cardio control for sports and fitness Heart rate monitored exercise leads to weight loss through fat burning
  • Intelligent and healthy Training
  • The PC 14 features
  • Product quality is apparent

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Giurgea Cristian a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2011

Bottom Line:
    Hello,

I came to this page as I need help with an issue with my PC 15. It's my first HR monitor so maybe I am doing smth wrong, I read reviews about this product and the sound good in general. However, very often I get the clock losing the signal from the heart belt let's say 3-4 times in a half an hour. The clock is held at the wrist.
    I hope someone, here, can enlighten me on that problem. I only got it from one week, it's used with the batteries it came with and it had this problem from the beginning.
    Could a wired monitor do better?

Submitted by Tecopa Red a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2007

Strengths:    Reasonable cost
    Lots of features
    Ease of use
    Customer can change batteries-try that with Polar.

Weaknesses:    Except for the chest strap going bad no weaknesses.

Bottom Line:
    This review is for a Sigma Fit Watch HRM. Been using the unit for a year and a half and have been satisfied with features, reliability, and ease of use. However it went haywire about 2 weeks ago. I e-mailed Sigma and told them there was a problem and that i didn't keep the receipt. No problem. Sent the unit back to Sigma and they fixed the problem (bad chest strap) and returned it in less than 2 weeks. I can't say enough about their friendly, fast service.

Favorite Ride:   All of them

Similar Products Used:   Polar

Bike Setup:   Airborne, 2 Treks, Cannondale

Submitted by Shawn a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2006

Strengths:    -you can replace the batteries yourself w/standard batteries that can be purchased almost anywhere, huge and convenient advantage over Polar
    **as opposed to POLAR, which makes you send the whole damn unit to them, I still for the life of me can't figure out why.

Minimal erratic readings, I have even occasionally gone under powerlines w/o false readings, not all the time though.

Comes with a good handlebar adaptor the keeps in it right in place, and can be easily taken off the bike for use in the gym.
    ** the Vetta I had for a long time was a combo cyclocomputer/HR, which didn't allow for cross use.
    The Sigma works well in rain and cold temps.

Weaknesses:    Inability to download to PC, I wouldn't necessarily expect that at this price point though. Kinda goofy looking, but what HR isn't

Bottom Line:
    Well, I am not a big review writer but I know how finicky HR's are and I have a few years experience using them (since 92'). I am going to keep this review short and concise.
    I really like the Sigma. No HR is always perfect, period. So you want one that performs the most important functions reliably.
    For starters, I have not experienced the problems that I have seen posted here. In fact, I have yet to have an issue.
    This monitor is accurate and very affordable. I trust German engineering much more than other countries, especially the US. America puts out garbage in the electronics market! I have not had the issue of sweat getting into the transmitter as mentioned earlier.
    If you want a reliable, affordable, easy to use HR - get this one. When mine dies I will turn to Sigma for another one.
    Whatever you do, STAY AWAY FROM POLAR!!! Replacing battery is a pain in the a$$. The Sigma 14/15 is a great alternative to the overpriced junk that Polar makes.

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   Vetta & Polar( ^ cost to help their marketing)

Bike Setup:   N/A

Submitted by kytyree a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2006

Strengths:    Low cost, both batteries can be changed, no uglier than any other HR model, comes with a reusable bike mount

Weaknesses:    almost all HRM's look silly, why can't they just look like a regular sports watch? They are the same size now.

Bottom Line:
    This review is on the PC 15 model from SIGMA Sport. I have had several diffrent models of high end POLAR HR monitors and the timex bodylink system. Eventually all of them turned into expensive junk. Replacing batteries on a POLAR is near impossible, the bodylink system is a piece of absolute junk and all of them cost a small fortune. I went with the Sigma Sport as I figured if it ends up breaking like all of the rest at least I didn't pay a fortune for it. I have been using for a little over 3 months now and it works as well or better than the POLAR models I have had and I have had some of the supposedly best, including one made specifically for cycling. It took me a couple days of using to get used to functions but now they seem pretty simple to me. It mounts easily to the bike with mount included in the package. This mount is also easy to move from one bike to another without needing new zip ties or other one time use fasteners. I haven't had to change batteries in the sensor or the watch yet but at least it was designed so I can and I have the option when the time comes. It has also worked for me in the gym on any piece of Polar or other HR monitor compatible exercise equipment. I find the reception to be as good as on the POLAR, and one advantage is that while it seems the polars go to a very high HR when under power lines the Sigma just stops the signal and the clock and then picks back up once you are clear. I find this better than the ridiculously high HR as at least my avg if not completely skewed by a 220 HR for awhile, although the data won't reflect a few seconds of the ride. I find the features of the PC 15 cover all of my needs, it doesn't link to a computer but I am not building a space shuttle. It has stood up well, I have opened several of my old Polars to see what their condition was inside and without fail they are rusted in the interior. I do not swim or otherwise expose them to much more than my sweat so I find this unacceptable from something costing this much. I won't even compare anything to the timex system as it is the worst purchase I have made in some time. Every piece of that system is junk.