Clif Shot Blocks Nutrition

4.6/5 (5 Reviews)

The creation of something new to expand your energy fuel options. Made of organic ingredients Cliff Shot Bloks are simple to handle easy to chew and are the perfect compliment to bars gels and drinks. With eight great flavors you can't go wrong with S

Submitted by vo2min a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2011

Strengths:    Easier to handle than gels.

Bottom Line:
Good Stuff!
Read the labels. Each flavor has different ingredients. For example, the Margerita flavor haxs the most sodium. Some have caffeine, others don't.

Favorite Ride:   Dry Weather Climbs

Purchased At:   McCully Bike

Similar Products Used:   Gels, Energy Bars

Submitted by Andrew Baker a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2010

Strengths:    tastes good. Lots of energy, prevents cramps, and easy to handle

Weaknesses:    none. sometimes you crash after using the caffeine bloks.

Bottom Line:
I really love clif shot blocks. I always use them during my runs. THey give me lots of energy and tasdte great too. THe blocks that contain caffeine give you a better boost if you really need it. THey are great to use when you really need them and ive been a clif diehard for years.

Similar Products Used:   gels, protein bars, cytomax, luna chews, frs, energy beans, clif powder drink, and various other products

Submitted by kobe23 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2009

Strengths:    Tastes great! Soft and chewy. Organic.

Weaknesses:    pricey

Bottom Line:
I don't cycle, I snowboard. I had the strawberry and instant energy. Very Delicious! It was the middle of the day and low on energy. I saw Clif Shot BLOKS and loved them. Texture of gummy bears. Soft and chewy. I ate all 6 pieces followed by cup of water. It got me thru the rest of the day.

Submitted by drewmcg a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2009

Strengths:    cramp-avoidance; not too sweet; texture distracts from the pain, and disolves a bit better than Sharkies.

Weaknesses:    avoid if you do not like salty taste; sugars add to workout engergy but not to fat loss.... Not cheap.

Bottom Line:
This time of year, in Michigan, I do a lot of spinning. For my 2+ hour spin yesterday, I brought a package of Clif Shot Blocks. I sweat alot during spinning (with the local Tri group), and sometimes have leg cramping afterwards.

Clif Shot Blocks are 33 calories a piece, 6 to a package. The "serving size" is 3 pieces (100 cals.) They have 70 mg sodium per serving (3 pcs); and 20 mg potasium. I ate 4 pieces and shared two with other riders, and got no cramps last night (even after 2.3 hour spin and short run afterwards).

The shot blocks taste salty. But I like the texture, and the salt does taste fine during the pain of intense expercise. My four shot blocks gave me 133 calories, 93 mg sodium, and 27 mg. potasium

The week before, I tried Sharkies. These taste better; list an entire package as a "serving", are 145 calories to a pack, and yield 110 mg. sodium and 30 mg. potassium. This is pretty closely equivalent to 3/4 of a package of Shot Blocks. I've had good luck staving off cramps with Sharkies, though I did feel a bit of leg twitching after the workout last week.

(Note: I also ate a banana after the workout yesterday, and drank some energy drink (Cytomax) during it; so the Shot Blocks were not the only electrolyte-replacement strategy here).

Purchased At:   REI