First Endurance Optygen Nutrition

• Store Price

First Endurance has come on like a firestorm over the last 3 years, and they've upended the energy supplement market with the magic of Optygen. You've likely seen their ads all over the place featuring Levi Leipheimer and Alberto Contador. If you've never heard the two of them talk about Optygen in magazine interviews, etc, let us assure you it's pretty interesting to hear them mention how much they love it. They're hardly being sponsor shills, it's obvious they really believe it works.What is Optygen? Fundamentally speaking, it performs three main functions: 1) It improves the body's ability to adapt to high levels of physical stress. 2) It helps you utilize oxygen more efficiently. 3) It increases your anaerobic threshold and reduces lactic acid. As First Endurance says, "Optygen is a revolutionary endurance formula that's designed to help you optimize performance, maximize oxygen utilization and achieve greatness." We like the last part the best. We might only measure our greatness in humble ways, but thanks to our handy dandy SRM we measure, measure, measure all of the time and we'll take greatness in whatever small pieces we can get it! By they way, First Endurance emphasizes again and again that Optygen is legal, safe, and stimulant-free.For those of you interested in the nuts and bolts behind supplements, here are the details on what Optygen offers:Efficient Glucose Metabolism:The first part of the Optygen formula utilizes chromium for its ability to break down fuel. Chromium is an essential trace mineral that aids in glucose metabolism, regulation of insulin levels, and maintenance of healthy blood levels of cholesterol and other lipids. Chromium forms part of a compound in the body known as glucose tolerance factor (GTF), which is involved in regulating the actions of insulin in maintaining blood sugar levels and, possibly, in helping to control appetite. It is critical that any drink, bar or pre-race meal consumed prior to a race or exercise gets broken down efficiently in order to maximize your fuel delivery. Insulin spikes or lack of insulin response can cause the nutrients to either be rushed into your bloodstream too quickly or not quickly enough. Chromium regulates this nutrient breakdown so you have equal and sustained nutrient delivery to the working muscles.Efficient Oxygen Transfer:The second part of the Optygen formula uses adaptogenic herbs to improve oxygen effeciency. Originally, these two adaptogenic herbs were gathered by Tibetan Sherpas for use in their tea. The Sherpas used these herbs to give them energy to climb Everest, which they did without the use of supplemental oxygen. One of the adaptogenic applications of Rhodiola that has received considerable research attention recently is for aiding in adaptation to high altitude, thus, as a preventive treatment for hypoxia or mountain sickness. In June 2002, Dr Rulin Xiu was awarded a patent for her work showing Rhodiola's ability to oxygenate blood. Clinical st

Submitted by awos a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2008

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    Price, questionable product and Company.

Bottom Line:
I bought this product with some expectations in mind. Hey, if Fast Freddy likes it... For the price and the big revolutionary discovery, I gave it a try. I used the product just as posted in the directions. After hard winter training and early season racing. I was using the product leading up to spring racing.
Big disappointment, when I contacted First Endurance, they had some recommendations.
Long story short, I contact the seller and First Endurance for a refund. Since there products suppose to be 100% money back grantee. To this day I have not seen a refund.
Not just a questionable product but a weak company.
There is no substitute for smart training and good nutrition.
Save your money!

Favorite Ride:   Swiss mountains

Similar Products Used:   None realy,
GU20, Clif, Enervit, Accel.

Bike Setup:   System six team issue with campy.

Submitted by sporte77 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 6, 2007

Strengths:    Has some ingredients that are good for your health - but nothing that you can't get by good eating. You can buy the cordyceps and rhodiola from a Chinese herbalist for about $9 a bottle.

Weaknesses:    Didn't do anything noticeable over getting good sleep, training regularly, eating healthy and drinking a coffee before a race or ride. (over a 1 month period).

Bottom Line:
I have always looked for something that has a noticeable effect in how I feel and perform. I've tried many. In the end, there is no magic bullet. You're best bet is to save your $50 and put it toward a good coaching program.

Favorite Ride:   Pedal the Pinchot

Similar Products Used:   Revenge, Accelerade, Gu, Hammer Heed, Cytomax, Creatine.

Bike Setup:   Giant TCR 2, Dura-ace 10spd, Ksyrium SSL wheels.

Submitted by Archie a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2006

Strengths:    Well, I did have a very impressive ride just two days into taking supplement.

Weaknesses:    Not sure if it's working. One good ride in the three week period is hardly what I call working. It's not as if I dont train hard.

Bottom Line:
As I'm getting older, I realized I need to make changes to my intake of supplements. Had mixed feelings about trying Optygen and after using it, I still have mixed feelings. Upon the second day of using the supplement, I had one of the better rides in a long time. Three weeks later, I just bonked and a "not so good" training ride. I spin indoors 4 nights a week and try to get as much saddle time on the weekends.

Purchased At:   Local Supplement Sto

Similar Products Used:   EPOVAR

Bike Setup:   Ridley Damocles, Dura Ace, Vittoria Tires

Submitted by Ken Schill a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2006

Strengths:    Less pain, higher output for longer periods

Weaknesses:    None yet

Bottom Line:
I began road cycling just one short year ago after twenty years of fitness obsession began to take a toll on my knees. I went into cycling full bore and am spending 12-15 hours a week on the bike and was looking for a legal product to take my riding to the next level. Optygen is the real deal. Lower heart rate, Higher LT, the ability to push harder for longer with less pain. Some of the guys I ride with are Cat 2-4 racers and they just shake their heads and wonder how I have gotten so strong so fast. The answer is training,nutrition,pain, and Optygen. When you get some you will feel it too.

Favorite Ride:   Any that involves intense pain and suffering

Purchased At:   My work place

Similar Products Used:   Many supplements over the years

Bike Setup:   cannondale caad 8, full ultegra 10, mavic, and me head strong and pain loving.

Submitted by tomknopp a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2004

Strengths:    First Endurance has written the perfect trilogy with Optygen, Ultragen, and E3. I have experienced my best off-road riding since I started taking Optygen in 2002. I was hoping to improve my cardiovascular ability, but was suprised to improve on my bike handling skills as well.

Weaknesses:    Price-But if it works, it's worth it. I guess it's not that expensive when comparing to a new bike. I guess that's why the saying is "Would you put regular in a Ferrari?"

It is not a magic pill. There are no magic pills yet. You have to still train hard to get results. But results are seen sooner than other supplement I have ever used. Actually, most of the other supplements I have tried have not been effective.

Bottom Line:
Optygen Works! First Endurance has written the perfect trilogy with Optygen, Ultragen, and E3. I have experienced my best off-road riding since I started taking Optygen in 2002. I was hoping to improve my cardiovascular ability, but was suprised to improve on my bike handling skills as well.

Favorite Ride:   Any Mountain ride with friends

Purchased At:   firstendurance.com

Similar Products Used:   I have not found anything similar to Optygen, but have tried Cytosport-Vasostat, Endurox-Excel, E-Caps, Amino Vital-Fast Change, and OxyGen.

Bike Setup:   Bianchi-San Lorenzo and Specialized S-Works.

optygen hp

hay all i was wondering if anybody has tried optygen hp does this stuff work?Read More »

Optygen vs. Cordygen5?

I was looking at these two products and they seem, somewhat, similar but the Cordygen5 is half the price of the Optygen... Anyone have any experience w/ both these?Read More »

Optygen vs.

Can anyone tell the the difference between Optygen and Sports legs. I use No legs and it seems to work awesome. But I've heard that Optygen works better with recovery. Has anyone used these products? ThanksRead More »

Optygen and Cramping?

I just finished the 6 day loading phase of Optygen and and 2 days into maintenance amounts. This week I have been experiencing cramping. not so bad that I need to stop, but enough to be annoying. in the past i NEVER cramped. 108 degrees in the alps and no cramps, etc, etc. so this is a bit weird. ... Read More »

E-Caps versus Optygen

Which one would you choose? Please spare me the spiel about the supplemental nature of these supplements. I would like to try one, and I can do it cheaply (wholesale). -AndrewRead More »