Ergomo Pro System Power Meters

3.13/5 (15 Reviews)

ergomo® pro measures your power in watt during cycling in the bottom bracket, exactly where it is generated. The new ergomo® pro is applicable in road and track racing, triathlon and mountainbiking. On the basis of 72 measurements per pedal turn the torque and cadence is registered and out of this your current power is released. Your individual wattage data is displayed in the big screen on your egomo pro computer with an inprecision of only ± 0,5 percent. So you can always see your power and follow their evolution.
  • Pro Bottom Bracket sensor
  • Pro Powermeter computer
  • ergoRacer software

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Mike a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2012

Strengths:    Can be a cheap alternative to SRM

Weaknesses:    Vendor is very unethical. They issued unauthorized charges to my credit card.

Bottom Line:
    Decent product, though it has a history of maintenance issues.

Submitted by John Jones a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2010

Strengths:    large display, easy to install, easy to use, accurate measurements, great customer service

Bottom Line:
    I purchased the complete system from Ergomo USA about three months ago and have been loving it. The installation of the bottom bracket was simple enough that I was able to do it myself.

Since using the system, I have noticed a dramatic increase in my performance and endurance. I have used Powertap and SRM power meters in the past and am much happier with the Ergomo, mostly due to the large LCD screen on the Ergomo computer. It can display 8 measurements at once. I would recommend this to any cyclist, amateur or pro, looking to improve their current skill or take their training to a new level.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere Colorado

Purchased At:   www.ergomousa.com

Similar Products Used:   Powertap Power Meter, SRM Power Meter

Submitted by jerry666 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2008

Strengths:    reliability, light weight, great features

Weaknesses:    can't use external bearing cranks. Ergomo has square taper and ISIS (Maybe other?) But ergomo offers a sweet carbon crank made by FSA

Bottom Line:
    The ergomo has worked very well. I have had no problems and have been using it for about one year. Its best feature is the computer. It has everything you will need including altitude. I was also surprised at how light weight it is. When I swaped out my SRAM Force Crank and BB the weight gain was only a few grams. I' sure it is the lightest power meter on the market (depending on crank choice)
    Data is also very consistent. The design, which measures power from sensors in the BB works remarkably well. I have friends with other power meters that often get inconsistent datat and other random problems but the Ergomo just works.
    You must make sure you follow the installation instructions though. If you screw up certain steps data will be wrong

Favorite Ride:   lookout mt golden

Purchased At:   ebay

Bike Setup:   Tarmac S-Works

Submitted by JOHN HUNT a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2008

Strengths:    1. good data display
    2. with rounding to say 4or 5 on the display watts, gives a steady wattage display.

Weaknesses:    1. 1 sec recording is no good for standing starts and sprints, you miss the max output quite often.

Bottom Line:
    I have 2 bottom brackets, one in a track bike and one in my road training bike. I find them quite good, had no difficulty in installing them. Only problem on the track is that 1 sec recording rate is no good for standing start or sprint analysis. need 0.1 or 0.5 sec.
    I have a major problem now with the computer and hope another reader can tell me how to fix it.
    For the past two weeks , everytime I try to download a ride/trip, the computer head keys lock up and the software says that the unit is sleeping. The unit wakes up after a while once I recharge it. I can see the data from the trip is in the computer head but cannot download it anymore. If it locks up, I can reset it but I loose the trip. But I am in a hopeless situation in that, I can do a ride and have it in the computer head but cannot download. I am using com 1 port, could not get the usb to work at all.

Purchased At:   cyclecene nsw austra

Similar Products Used:   polar wattage. very bad. useless.

Bike Setup:   bt cyclone and bt blade track bikes.
    cannondale 6 13 road bike with duraace.

Submitted by Bruce Wacker a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2008

Strengths:    The computer records everything you can think of.

Weaknesses:    Support is horrible. For a few months I got replies from my emails, but now, nothing, note even a service depot location.

The octalink on a mountain bike requires a special Shimano XTR crank that is no longer manufactured, has non-standard chain rings, and no 22 tooth available

Bottom Line:
    OK when it works. It stopped working and I've gotten nothing useful from ergomo since starting to communicate with them in June. It is now November.

Favorite Ride:   Falcon Trail, USAFA