Kreitler Alloy Rollers

4.67/5 (6 Reviews)

Fork stand allows you to add sprint workouts by stabilizing the front end.

Submitted by Peter P. a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2006

Strengths:    Very smooth (plastic rollers can't touch these).
Very quiet.
Easy to transport, at 24lbs. They fold up into a compact package; just tie the legs together.
Easy to adjust for multiple bikes.
More entertaining to ride because it engages the mind, not like just churning your legs on a trainer. I've read of some riders using these while watching bike racing videos. They get so caught up in the race they ride right off the rollers!

Weaknesses:    The Alloy version has limited resistance; these are good for a MILD workout. If you're looking to build power or aerobic capacity, buy the "Lyte" series rollers.

Bottom Line:
I'm re-posting here because I couldn't edit my original review.

Kreitlers are A BARGAIN considering the quality you get for the price. They will last a lifetime-the set I borrowed was over 20 years old! They are easy to transport, if necessary. They are very quiet; no need to turn up the radio or TV. You will develop a much smoother pedal stroke and ride a straighter line once you hit the road. I gave them an Overall rating of only "4" because I have a TruTrainer which addresses a couple MINOR shortcomings of Kreitler rollers. To be fair, Kreitler beats the TruTrainer in portability, though.

Favorite Ride:   n/z

Purchased At:   Borrowed

Similar Products Used:   Japanese stuff, TruTrainer rollers.

Bike Setup:   Steel frame, Ultegra STI

Submitted by Peter P. a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2006

Strengths:    Smooth, smooth, smooth. Balance skills translate to better road riding.

Weaknesses:    Limited resistance.

Bottom Line:
Legendary Quality; a lifetime investment at a bargain price.

Favorite Ride:   n/a

Purchased At:   Borrowed

Similar Products Used:   Plastic drum rollers of various brands; TruTrainer Rollers

Bike Setup:   Typical steel road bike w/ Ultegra STI

Submitted by dkrenik a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2004

Strengths:    Build quality is amazing. These things will outlast a nuclear blast. If you're serious, this is the way to go when the weather sucks and/or time is limited.

Weaknesses:    Price.

Bottom Line:
Have used these for over 7 years. Near daily use in winter and have only replaced belt for "head wind" unit. Great for developing proper technique at higher levels of intensity.

Favorite Ride:   Canyons

Purchased At:   Velo Swap

Similar Products Used:   Vetta "4-fan" unit (very noisy)
Been so long I don't remember the others

Bike Setup:   Yamaguchi "Team USA" (steel); Campy Chorus 10-speed; mixed wheels; Conti GP3000 tires

Submitted by Bradley White a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2003

Strengths:    Will never wear out! Worth the price no matter what to stay in shape. Also, does reflect the closest to outdoor riding and you have to keep riding unlike when locked in.

Bottom Line:
Have had kreitler rollers after breaking three other brand rollers. Still going strong, In fact, after learning, could infact stand to challenge and also with no hands when neccessary. Do not suggest.

Favorite Ride:   Outdoor,hills