Minoura Action MagRoller Rollers

4.29/5 (21 Reviews)

• Anodized 6N01 Aluminum Frame For A Lighter Weight And Rust Resistance
  • Optional 7-Level Magnetic Resistance Unit That Replicates Actual Riding Resistance
  • High-Grade Sealed Bearings For Smooth Action
  • Also Available In A Wide Model

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by joshua steinber a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2010

Strengths:    simulates balance and feel of my bike on the road because it is my bike churning out the distance

Weaknesses:    feels VERY unstable, cannot stress this enough. I haven't fallen off in years, but I can never get over the feeling of instability, even as I churn out the miles. It takes COMPLETE concentration. Do not attempt to watch TV while riding this. At least for me, it is not like running on a treadmill in front of a tv. But if you concentrate or get the hang of it, it's a great workout.

Bottom Line:
    generally pleased

Favorite Ride:   getting off bike to run!

Purchased At:   DeWitt Sports Shop,

Bike Setup:   Scott AFB 300 road bike

Submitted by veganpiranha a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2007

Strengths:    Easy set up. The wide version is great...I'd probably be dead if I'd gotten the normal one.

Weaknesses:    It cost more than I would have liked to pay...but maybe that's just bike stuff in general.

Bottom Line:
    If you're reading reviews for this product, you've probably read that they are very loud. While they are not quiet exactly, I think that to say they're loud is a bit much. You hear them humming as you ride, but it's nothing that would keep someone from watching TV or listening to music while riding (granted, it would have to be turned up a little). Not the kind of thing you want to ride on while someone in the same room is trying to sleep or study, but I think that the noise is fine.

Many reviews I looked at about rollers said they were very hard to use. I would have to disagree here too. I've had mine about a week and am able to get up on them (with the help of a wall) and ride for at least a mile without much trouble. Longer distances will take some practice, but they are not IMPOSSIBLE to ride like I thought they might be. I just started riding last year, and I'm pretty sure that I'm about as awful at riding in a straight line as one could be... a little practice and you'll be fine.

Purchased At:   eBay (for the wide v

Bike Setup:   Giant TCR

Submitted by Kris Flatlander a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2007

Strengths:    Width
    Ease of Use
    Rollability :P
    Expandanble to a mag unit

Weaknesses:    Picks up some strange dirt type stuff off of my rear tire. More than likely just due to my crappy trainer tires. Relatively easy to clean off and hasn't reappeared.

Bottom Line:
    So far so good! I have the wide model which is definetly a blessing when the front wheel tends to wander with me being a beginner to rollers. I have a mag unit on the way as the rollers provide excellent resistance for foundation miles and the like but leave something to be desired for sprints etc. Rollers are very quiet unlike what was noted by a previous poster. They roll well and fold down nicely to be put away out of the doorway. Overall an excellent product. I may attempt to make them into free motion rollers one of these days

Bike Setup:   2007 Trek Madone 5.2 SL
    Crank Brother Quattro Pedals

Submitted by wheelsrule a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 16, 2006

Strengths:    shiny.

Weaknesses:    Horrible. Noisy. Significant vibrations not only from drum runout, but from the type of belt used resonating and flapping around at certain speeds - which just amplifies the noise.

Bottom Line:
    Incredibly noisy. We're talking about it rattling the whole house at 30mph.
    The drum tolerances are lousy, and construction is just not that great. Obviosuly you don't expect something amazing on a price point like these, but still, the noise is outrageous. Don't buy these. Fork over an extra 50 bucks and get Sportcrafters rollers.

Submitted by naawillis a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2004

Strengths:    seem to built well, easy to learn, price

Weaknesses:    loud

Bottom Line:
    these were my first set of rollers, so my basis for comparison may not be the best. however, they certainly do what they're supposed to do. i took me about 20 minutes to get the hang of it and ive been on them ever since. ive probably put 500 miles on them so far and i dont really have any complaints. they're sorta loud (all rollers are) but they certainly get teh job done. i could imagine what riding a really nice set would be like, but for my purposes they're fine. the drums are reasonably large so their not too hard to ride. no mag unit with mine but i'm spinning at 39x11 right now on slightly low tires so ive got some room to grow before ill need it. anyway, i wouldnt take a chance with some used rollers from ebay. i would invest now in these for maybe $30 more and they should last you at least 10 years.

Favorite Ride:   grand rounds