SportCrafters ZRO Aluminum Rollers Rollers

ALL ZRO ALUMINUM ROLLERS ARE SPIN BALANCED

No roller in the industry beats SportCrafters for smooth ride, quiet, reliable performance and rugged construction. You don’t have to be elite or pro to start your roller training regimen with our low profile frame which makes stopping and starting easy
-Spin balanced aluminum drums
-Lifetime lubricated and sealed radial ball bearings
-Oversize axles (3/4" OD between bearings) will not flex
-Rugged power-coated steel folding frame always keeps 6 oversized rubber padded feet on the floor
-Low profile keeps you close to the ground
-Knobs, not nuts. ... No tools needed for drum adjustment, or even complete disassembly

Submitted by Mark a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2010

Strengths:    Everything...price compared to others, smooth, great construction, ready to use, shipped quickly.

Weaknesses:    Didn't come with a free bike.

Bottom Line:
After ordering online from Spin Zone out of Granger IN they arrived within two days. I opened the box and they were ready to use. They are smooth and even without using the magnetic resistance (I ordered for winter interval training but have yet to use it) they give a great workout! Also, I find they are quiet so I can watch TV or listen to music while riding.

Never having used rollers before I checked out all of the YouTube videos of people falling off theirs. What I found was they are sensitive to over-steering so if you can't steer gently you'll be in trouble. I set mine in a doorway, bounced a time or two off the sides and then was on my way. Now I just place a chair alongside just in case.

Favorite Ride:   2008 Specialized Allez

Purchased At:   Spin Zone-Granger IN

Similar Products Used:   Only stationary bikes...can't remember the model.

Bike Setup:   Not sure what this means...unfold and use or 2008 Specialized Allez road bike

Submitted by FPC a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2010

Strengths:    Smooth. Quiet. Resistance unit compatible. Outstanding warranty and customer service.

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
I bought CycleOps branded Sportscrafters aluminum drum rollers off eBay. They were cheap and arrived with a bad bearing in one roller. I emailed Sportscrafters and they sent me a new drum with hand tightening nuts and a new drive band free - no shipping! The company owner responded to emails and spoe with me on the phone. I disclosed all - bought used/abused CycleOps rollers off eBay - and he said not a problem, lifetime warranty regardless of how many owners or how it's branded. Plus, mine turned out to be a version that's no longer in production.

Favorite Ride:   Loveland Pass

Purchased At:   e Bay

Similar Products Used:   Tacx PVC - I can't remember the model name

Bike Setup:   Guru, Campag, etc

Submitted by fireplug a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2010

Strengths:    Great service
Good material-well built
smooth drums

Weaknesses:    Little to loud but no more than any other aluminum set

Bottom Line:
Great rollers and customer service was excellent. Good materials and drum spin smooth.

Favorite Ride:   Any

Purchased At:   on line

Submitted by Todd Mooth a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2010

Strengths:    Smooth, quiet, easy to store, resistance unit helps to provide a great workout

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
The first rollers I used were an old steel set that were very noisy, were heavy and were hard to store. The first thing I noticed about my Sportcrafters Rollers was how smooth and quiet they were. When riding hard I can still hold a conversation or hear the TV.
They are light weight and are easy to fold up and put away.
A year ago Pete let me try the mag-resistance unit. I love the addition of some resistance and in the highest setting it really taxes the legs.

Favorite Ride:   Spirited group ride

Purchased At:   Spin Zone

Submitted by Ron Heninger a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2010

Strengths:    Solid, convenient storage, light, butter smooth, machined lathed with micro groove tracings on the drum......nice

Weaknesses:    A bit more on the magnet resistance would be fine by me, (i.e. a bigger magnet is needed.)

Bottom Line:
Buy these rollers. Peter Colin is the owner and will call you back directly with any questions or concerns. I have full confidence in his ability to do business and take care of me............after all, I'm the customer.

Purchased At:   Hearns Cycling of As