1upUSA CPR A-2000 All-Aluminum Trainer Trainers

4.61/5 (140 Reviews)

• Centrifugal Pressure Resistance (CPR) provides the most realistic simulation of riding a bicycle ever
  • CPR resistance technology outperforms fluid, magnet and wind trainers
  • Functional range for continuous operation from 4 watts (5 MPH) to over 3,000 watts (42 MPH), the widest range of resistance in the industry
  • Fluid free, NO LEAKS! CNC machined with less than .001 run-out
  • Six-inch diameter, six-pound all-aluminum flywheel (largest on any trainer) provides a smooth ride with 38 seconds of coast-down
  • Three-inch diameter all-aluminum roller (largest on any trainer) extends tire life and provides the quietest ride of any trainer
  • Foot operated Quick-Release allows you to load your bicycle in only 3 seconds
  • Telescoping front legs allows you to lower the rear tire to the floor for level riding, no riser block needed
  • Vertical height adjustment for any wheel size, even kids bikes
  • Beautiful deep blue and silver anodized light weight all-aluminum construction
  • Folds down to only 6 inches thick for compact storage
  • Comes fully assembled and ready to use
  • Guaranteed for life

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Jeff

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2016

Strengths:    Solid construction, compact storage

Weaknesses:    Customer service, noise

Bottom Line:
    I've had this trainer for a while and initially enjoyed using it. The flywheel is a little awkward to position on the wheel, requiring a bit of pressure, but does provide adequate resistance that is variable with shifting. The unit eventually developed a high pitched whining noise originating inside the flywheel that has rendered the unit unusable. The communication from the company has been extremely poor and inappropriate. Over a month to respond to the first email that took multiple attempts to elicit a reply which was rather curt. The instructions given to address the problem did not work and in response to an inquiry of what else I might try the answer was 'sorry, let us know if you have any other questions'. In each of my email communications I've also asked how the lifetime warranty applies and this has been completely ignored. This is extremely disappointing and if you are in the market for a trainer I would go elsewhere.

Submitted by Andrew Brewer

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2016

Strengths:    Smooth, quiet and reliable !

Weaknesses:    None really. The aluminum from the roller will collect on your tire.

Bottom Line:
    I've been riding the upgraded version now for two winters. The early model did indeed change resistance, but that problem has been eliminated in the upgrade. I've had great service from these guys too. They replaced the original without charge.
    I waited for two years and many indoor rides to make sure this trainer was good, and it is. I give it my highest recommendation !

Submitted by Dave Bowman

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2015

Strengths:    Excellent trainer. Works flawlessly. Can adjust the flywheel to different sized bikes/wheels, and to change the resistance.

Weaknesses:    My new Mavic Ksyrium wheels do not fit into the hub holder.
    Have contacted this company multiple times by email and by phone but NO response.

Bottom Line:
    I wonder whether they have gone out of business? The reason for the low rating is the total lack of communication, which is unacceptable. Unfortunate, as the product is very high quality.

Submitted by RM a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2015

Strengths:    Honestly, the only strength I canny is that it still "kind of" works

Weaknesses:    Reliability, Dangerous when carrying/transporting, very noisy, Customer Service

Bottom Line:
    To start I have to say this review will be nearly Identical to the last guy that posted here. I originally bought this because it had some good reviews and it seemed to be a relatively decent price. I have less than 200 hrs on this for sure and have several problems already. Resistance is very inconsistent. It will go from normal to no resistance to "can barely pedal" all within 30 seconds, and continues like that for the entire workout. Noise level is also inconsistent...somewhat quiet at first to very loud to a very high pitched and very annoying sound. And whats really scary is the flywheel locks broke when carrying it and almost took my finger off! I received a big gash in my finger that probably should of received stitches on.
    Here's what REALLY sucks: I called 1upUSA and they basically told me "Sorry but we can't help you". They could care less that my finger was lucky to still be attached to my hand, and offered a couple tips to cure the resistance and noise problem, which did not work at all.
    My advice; Stay away from this trainer, period! Low quality and you can forget about customer service! There are a lot of better trainers out there for the same price.

Submitted by MJCBH

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2014

Strengths:    Fairly lightweight
    Quiet when adjusted properly

Weaknesses:    Moving parts are a significant hazard when transporting
    Inconsistent resistance

Bottom Line:
    I've had this trainer for approx. 3-4 years. I bought it because it was lighter than some of the ones I've used in the past and I felt like it would be easier to travel with to races. It's been ok but the large flywheel is very cumbersome and pivots (you have to screw down both knobs on the flywheel). When the flywheel is not tied down it can pose a significant hazard, as it caught my finger when transporting it, almost completely severing the finger and resulting in surgical repair. Needless to say the trainer became the black-sheep amongst all my teammates trainers and the team mechanics would not even bother pulling it out of the trailer at races. We have recently switched to the Cycleops JetFluid Pro and it is hands-down better in many ways. I will leave a review on that one in a different section.