1upUSA CPR A-2000 All-Aluminum Trainer Trainers

4.68/5 (136 Reviews)

• Centrifugal Pressure Resistance (CPR) provides the most realistic simulation of riding a bicycle ever
  • CPR resistance technology outperforms fluid, magnet and wind trainers
  • Functional range for continuous operation from 4 watts (5 MPH) to over 3,000 watts (42 MPH), the widest range of resistance in the industry
  • Fluid free, NO LEAKS! CNC machined with less than .001 run-out
  • Six-inch diameter, six-pound all-aluminum flywheel (largest on any trainer) provides a smooth ride with 38 seconds of coast-down
  • Three-inch diameter all-aluminum roller (largest on any trainer) extends tire life and provides the quietest ride of any trainer
  • Foot operated Quick-Release allows you to load your bicycle in only 3 seconds
  • Telescoping front legs allows you to lower the rear tire to the floor for level riding, no riser block needed
  • Vertical height adjustment for any wheel size, even kids bikes
  • Beautiful deep blue and silver anodized light weight all-aluminum construction
  • Folds down to only 6 inches thick for compact storage
  • Comes fully assembled and ready to use
  • Guaranteed for life

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by MJCBH

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2014

Strengths:    Fairly lightweight
    Quiet when adjusted properly

Weaknesses:    Moving parts are a significant hazard when transporting
    Inconsistent resistance

Bottom Line:
    I've had this trainer for approx. 3-4 years. I bought it because it was lighter than some of the ones I've used in the past and I felt like it would be easier to travel with to races. It's been ok but the large flywheel is very cumbersome and pivots (you have to screw down both knobs on the flywheel). When the flywheel is not tied down it can pose a significant hazard, as it caught my finger when transporting it, almost completely severing the finger and resulting in surgical repair. Needless to say the trainer became the black-sheep amongst all my teammates trainers and the team mechanics would not even bother pulling it out of the trailer at races. We have recently switched to the Cycleops JetFluid Pro and it is hands-down better in many ways. I will leave a review on that one in a different section.

Submitted by Dreamer

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2013

Strengths:    Easy setup, No fluid to leak

Weaknesses:    Lack of durability, Warranty

Bottom Line:
    I first got this in 2004 and put about 4500 miles on it. The wattage range that I was able to put out was never over 600 watts while sprinting. The bearings on the first resistance unit burned out in 2011 and they replaced it with a new one. The new unit was OK for about 200-300 miles then it started to give a lot of problems. Sometimes it will spin with almost no resistance, then it will tighten up and become very jerky and hard to pedal. Tapping on the resistance unit will knock out dust from the abrasion pad and then it will work better for a while. Took it apart to clean it and the internal parts actually seem to be wearing and there are grooves in the abrasion pad.

I contacted 1upUSA and they offered to sell me a new resistance unit. Since I have less then 600 miles on this one I feel that they should warranty it. I have also noticed that it's no longer easy to find warranty info on their site.

I'll be looking to buy another trainer for next winter and it will not be a 1upUSA. I'm dissapointed that it didn't last longer as I like buying products that are made in the USA. I just feel that a product that is this expensive should last longer, especially since most of it's use was in the easy range.

Submitted by Summers

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2013

Strengths:    Well built, worked right out of the box. resistance is very good and feels like you're on the road. very little noise and was able to watch a program on the TV without cranking the volume. I'm not an expert but this trainer fills all my requirement and the cost was reasonable including shipment to Canada.

Weaknesses:    At this point I can't really find any that would warrant a negative remark.

Bottom Line:
    Made in the USA! It's nice when we're able to purchase merchandise that's manufactured
    here in North America and the quality is light-years ahead of the stuff from China. I'm a 53 year old that was looking for
    something that enables me to maintain a good level of cardio and ready for the up coming bike season. Here in Canada our winters are long and cold, this trainer provides me with a means of keeping fit. Highly recommended to any other middle aged folks looking for a well built indoor trainer.

Submitted by jim brewer a Commuter

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2013

Strengths:    Straightforward design. Not too big. Beefy components. Easy to use. Good for road bikes which have high enough gearing to create their own resistance. Not too noisy.

Weaknesses:    Back wheel of your bike sometimes comes loose. You have to adjust the holders just right. Too loose and it comes loose. Too tight and it comes loose because it wasn't quite tight. It would be nice if they had a "click in" feature where you turn the red lever until it clicks in signifying maximum holding ability.

Bottom Line:
    I've had mine for several months now. Your mountain bike probably won't work very well on this thing. The low gearing of most mountain bikes won't allow you to build the kind of resistance you would like. This also isn't some kind of high-tech wonder that allows you to train for the Tour de France in the dead of winter. It is a good honest trainer that allows you to easily keep a reasonable level of conditioning off season. It should last for years. Its easy to use so you won't have any excuses if you get one.

Submitted by TennTrek a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2012

Strengths:    Smooth. Very quiet compared to other stationary trainers I've tried (fluid and wind).Extremely solid construction. Stable, though I agree with other reviews about the need to pay attention when mounting the bike as the unit can tip over backwards. The unit is just flat out beautiful to look at. Well engineered and a great value.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
    Best stationary trainer on the market