1upUSA CPR A-2000 All-Aluminum Trainer Trainers

4.62/5 (141 Reviews)

• Centrifugal Pressure Resistance (CPR) provides the most realistic simulation of riding a bicycle ever
  • CPR resistance technology outperforms fluid, magnet and wind trainers
  • Functional range for continuous operation from 4 watts (5 MPH) to over 3,000 watts (42 MPH), the widest range of resistance in the industry
  • Fluid free, NO LEAKS! CNC machined with less than .001 run-out
  • Six-inch diameter, six-pound all-aluminum flywheel (largest on any trainer) provides a smooth ride with 38 seconds of coast-down
  • Three-inch diameter all-aluminum roller (largest on any trainer) extends tire life and provides the quietest ride of any trainer
  • Foot operated Quick-Release allows you to load your bicycle in only 3 seconds
  • Telescoping front legs allows you to lower the rear tire to the floor for level riding, no riser block needed
  • Vertical height adjustment for any wheel size, even kids bikes
  • Beautiful deep blue and silver anodized light weight all-aluminum construction
  • Folds down to only 6 inches thick for compact storage
  • Comes fully assembled and ready to use
  • Guaranteed for life

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by thiekbalj

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2016

Strengths:    Quiet, solidly built, compact, sturdy and strong, great simulation of riding in a controlled environment without momentum, indestructible, easy to maintain

Weaknesses:    For the price even used is of the highest quality

Bottom Line:
    I had never used an indoor bicycle trainer before trying out the 1upUSA and it has been an amazing first few rides. I am much more of a runner (50-70mpw) and use cycling as cross training but this piece sets you up perfectly for interval and strength building workouts. I live in a relatively hilly area and the effort required is much less on the road (most of them). Of course we go outside and bike for many other reasons but if you are caught indoors as I have been in the middle of a hot and humid summer and with time constraints or just want to get extra training in this equipment is a game changer. For me it's allowed me to easily double on most days of the week even with two kids under the age of four (4 and 1). It's given me the ability to balance age group goals with others in my life (career, family etc). In conclusion I'd just say that it's a fantastically constructed machine that meets every expectation you could have of a trainer and much more durable from reading other online reviews than fluid trainers.

Submitted by Jeff

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2016

Strengths:    Solid construction, compact storage

Weaknesses:    Customer service, noise

Bottom Line:
    I've had this trainer for a while and initially enjoyed using it. The flywheel is a little awkward to position on the wheel, requiring a bit of pressure, but does provide adequate resistance that is variable with shifting. The unit eventually developed a high pitched whining noise originating inside the flywheel that has rendered the unit unusable. The communication from the company has been extremely poor and inappropriate. Over a month to respond to the first email that took multiple attempts to elicit a reply which was rather curt. The instructions given to address the problem did not work and in response to an inquiry of what else I might try the answer was 'sorry, let us know if you have any other questions'. In each of my email communications I've also asked how the lifetime warranty applies and this has been completely ignored. This is extremely disappointing and if you are in the market for a trainer I would go elsewhere.

Submitted by Andrew Brewer

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2016

Strengths:    Smooth, quiet and reliable !

Weaknesses:    None really. The aluminum from the roller will collect on your tire.

Bottom Line:
    I've been riding the upgraded version now for two winters. The early model did indeed change resistance, but that problem has been eliminated in the upgrade. I've had great service from these guys too. They replaced the original without charge.
    I waited for two years and many indoor rides to make sure this trainer was good, and it is. I give it my highest recommendation !

Submitted by Dave Bowman

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2015

Strengths:    Excellent trainer. Works flawlessly. Can adjust the flywheel to different sized bikes/wheels, and to change the resistance.

Weaknesses:    My new Mavic Ksyrium wheels do not fit into the hub holder.
    Have contacted this company multiple times by email and by phone but NO response.

Bottom Line:
    I wonder whether they have gone out of business? The reason for the low rating is the total lack of communication, which is unacceptable. Unfortunate, as the product is very high quality.

Submitted by RM a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2015

Strengths:    Honestly, the only strength I canny is that it still "kind of" works

Weaknesses:    Reliability, Dangerous when carrying/transporting, very noisy, Customer Service

Bottom Line:
    To start I have to say this review will be nearly Identical to the last guy that posted here. I originally bought this because it had some good reviews and it seemed to be a relatively decent price. I have less than 200 hrs on this for sure and have several problems already. Resistance is very inconsistent. It will go from normal to no resistance to "can barely pedal" all within 30 seconds, and continues like that for the entire workout. Noise level is also inconsistent...somewhat quiet at first to very loud to a very high pitched and very annoying sound. And whats really scary is the flywheel locks broke when carrying it and almost took my finger off! I received a big gash in my finger that probably should of received stitches on.
    Here's what REALLY sucks: I called 1upUSA and they basically told me "Sorry but we can't help you". They could care less that my finger was lucky to still be attached to my hand, and offered a couple tips to cure the resistance and noise problem, which did not work at all.
    My advice; Stay away from this trainer, period! Low quality and you can forget about customer service! There are a lot of better trainers out there for the same price.