CycleOps SuperMagneto Pro Trainers

We don't all live in sunny California and -10 degree rides on icy roads are not exactly ideal training conditions. Stay in shape through the winter with the Super Magneto Pro and be ready to smoke your fellow riders when spring rolls aroun...

CycleOps SuperMagneto Pro Trainer Pro Review

Out of the box, the SuperMagneto Pro comes pre-assembled and is ready to go as soon as you setup the trainer by pulling it’s legs out and into position. A dial on the left leg will let you adjust the trainer should you have a funky uneven floor, but we found we didn’t need to fiddle with it. The SuperMagneto Pro comes with a training skewer, a Race Day DVD, and instruction manual. A quick swap of skewers on our bike and we were prepared to mount our bike into the trainer. Continue reading →

Submitted by sailor

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2013

Strengths:    Good Feel, Quiet Enough to watch TV, Progressive Curves, Easy Setup,

Weaknesses:    Pricey

Bottom Line:
After trying out many of my friends trainer I decided to go with this one, I'm thrilled with my choice! I've road it at least every second day so far. Its quiet enough I can watch tv without it being too much of a distraction. This trainer is definitely improving my riding and as I improve I can adjust the setting. The only drawback is the price however if you can afford it, it is definitely worth looking at.

Similar Products Used:   Fluid Trainers

Submitted by Caruso a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2011

Strengths:    Solid, great warranty, will last quite some time, no leaks as with fluid trainers,

Weaknesses:    Loud, Hardest setting might not be hard enough for strong climbers,

Bottom Line:
The high price is offset by Solid built, easy to set up and great warranty by cycleops. I have rollers as well that give a different feel and workout. I was looking for something to train the high end anaerob zone and to stay fit during the winter months. The 4 Zones are nice, it is louder than other reviews claim, no way you can watch TV etc.. unless you stay in easy warm up setting. Fly wheel and resistance come close to rad feel. The Hardest Hill setting mimics roughly a 8-10% grade comparing to effort spent.

Favorite Ride:   Sella Ronda

Purchased At:   online on Sale, Floo

Similar Products Used:   Kreitler 2.0 rollers, Elite magn trainer

Submitted by Brazen_Bikes a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2010

Strengths:    Sturdy and amazing road feel. I liked the RaceDay DVD that was included with mine.

Weaknesses:    There is no Power Meter setup for this trainer, but who wants to spend that kind of dough for a number you can feel in your legs.

Bottom Line:
Okay, everyone knows the limits of indoor trainers, boring and lack of real road feel. Well that was before my SuperMagneto. The road feel is so real it is on another plane compared to my old fluid, mag and wind trainers that I got sick of. It has four settings for different training scenarios and adjusting legs for secure support. Don't tell your friends your "secret" and then blow the doors off them when good weather rolls around again.

Favorite Ride:   Outdoors!