Lemond Fitness G-Force UT Trainers

G Force UT (Upright Trainer)
Introducing the g-force revolution. The first exercise bike you can adjust to fit you. A seat that not only goes up and down but also slides fore and aft. Handlebars that can be adjusted too. Four critical adjustments that insure your workout will not only be more effective, it will be comfortable and feel good too. Add a narrower, more natural pedal width, ergonomic handlebars which allow different hand positions, a standard seat post which can accommodate any road bike seat, and a wider base so you can even pedal out of the saddle - and you begin to see why the g-force UT performs like a great road bike. With 13 custom workout programs, including three for heart rate training, the g-force UT not only feels great to ride, you have exceptional workout options.

Submitted by Brew1 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2011

Strengths:    Smooth, lots of programs, adjustable for both me and my wife, quiet and data recording.

Weaknesses:    Saddle and pedals had to go.

Bottom Line:
So far I really like this unit. The different programs keep you motivated as well as the training data that you can download to your computer. Put my Look Pedals on and switched the saddle and I think I have it dialed in very similar to my road bikes. Gives a good feel while pedaling and is smooth and quiet.
Ordered some arm rests to put on so when using the aero bars I'll be able to rest my arms.

Favorite Ride:   Anytime I can

Purchased At:   2nd Wind

Similar Products Used:   Bike on trainer (Kurt Kinetic rock & Ride)

Bike Setup:   Wilier Izoard and Lynskey Helix

Submitted by Boo2005 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 7, 2009

Strengths:    Lots of programs and levels so you never get bored and feel challenged constantly. Also well designed so it feels more like a road bike than anything else I've used.

Weaknesses:    Exceptionally poor QC - I've lost a lot of training time because components do not work and I've only had it for 6 months! You'd think that paying $1800 for a high-end spin bike would ensure some quality, but this has been a tremendous disappointment.

Bottom Line:
Overall, super fun to train on and when it works (see weaknesses). Fitness has definitely improved. I bought this primarily for winter months and when I can't get out during the day due to work. My brother has one and spinning on it compelled me to buy one. Problem is, it only works about half the time I've owned it.

Favorite Ride:   Race

Purchased At:   Boulder CO

Submitted by c-dog a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2007

Strengths:    quiet, awesome programs feels like riding on the road. way better than a trainer.

Weaknesses:    changed the seat over to my regular road saddle. kind of generic saddle.

Bottom Line:
i got this thinking it would keep me motivated to ride through the winter months, as i hate riding on the trainer. this has been great. i've been able to set it up just the same as my road bike. and somehow it's way more comfortable to ride than riding my road bike on the trainer. the computer programs have been excellant as well. amazing to me how quiet and smooth and realistic the ride is. it measures watts, calories and comes with a heart rate strap. the resistance it creates is unreal. love it.

Favorite Ride:   the coffee ride

Purchased At:   health store

Similar Products Used:   gym bikes and spinning bikes.
trainers and rollers

Bike Setup:   too many bikes to list