Minoura Mag-850D Trainers

You don''t have to stop training when it''s cold and raining outside! Minoura''s MAG-850D indoor trainer lets you get the same quality workout you would get outside in the comfort of your home.

Submitted by miznax a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2007

Strengths:    Price. No serious problems. Folds away nicely. Rim drive doesn't burn through your tires so you don't need a separate training wheel.

Weaknesses:    A bit loud but not bad, I can still hear my TdF tapes w/out having to crank the volume. The resistance isn't always hard enough for intervals or a HRMax test and I'm not a very strong rider. Once the mag resistance froze up on me while doing a relatively long/hard ride (that's what she said) but has worked fine since. Weight. I only use it for my road bike but isn't easily compatible for my mountain bike w/ 26' wheels because you have to re-adjust both rollers using an allen wrench.

Bottom Line:
Very good product for the money. Have used it now 2 years (mostly off-season) and no serious problems. Since I mainly use it for off-season riding I use it mainly for endurance/base building and don't do a lot of interval training on it.

Favorite Ride:   anywhere

Purchased At:   Open Road, Pasadena

Similar Products Used:   None.

Bike Setup:   KHS Flight 700