Campagnolo Mirage Front Hub Hubs

• O.L.D.: 100 mm
  • Holes: 32 / 36
  • Sealed Bearings

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by david comeau a Commuter

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2008

Strengths:    light, short term value. Gives someone with not a lot of cash to spend campy bragging rights.

Weaknesses:    cheap feel, crappy performance and expensive for what you get.

Bottom Line:
    I have owned Dura Ace, Ultegra, record, etc.

I was convinced Mirage was better than Ultegra and 105 since the shifting was more precise and actually faster. After 1 year of riding the shifting is ok at best. the levers are staring to feel cheap and the chain gets caught between the two front chainrings!. THe wheeels warp easily on crappy Toronto roads. I hve tuned this grouppo constantly to no avail. I am somewhat dissapointed. the weight is nicebut porformance is not even on par with Tiagra. Save your money Campy is just not a good value unless you own Chorus, record. For the price of Chorus you can have DA...enough said

Favorite Ride:   everywhere

Purchased At:   In toronto

Similar Products Used:   Tiagra,

Bike Setup:   Orbea Onix carbon

Submitted by windinhair a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2003

Strengths:    read above, I think these cheap hubs are great if you care for them

Weaknesses:    as above

Bottom Line:
    I use these hubs on my training wheels and they have been great. I hear all these complaints that they become gritty and what not. You have to take care of your hubs. I changed the grease every 2 months, and these hubs have lasted over 2 1/2 years! (thats great for economy hubs for training 6 days a week). Also, people don't check their hubs for play and adjust them properly. I do a whole bike check every week, and it pays, my bike has lasted so long, and stays strong. In addition, people use crappy grease, you have to use high qaulity grease products.

Purchased At:   Bike shop

Submitted by gbracken a Road Racer from Ireland

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2002

Strengths:    cheap

Weaknesses:    poor resistance to water and grit

Bottom Line:
    good cheap set of hubs, but they do become gritty after a while requiring some grease.

Similar Products Used:   mavic cosmos

Bike Setup:   olmo regal, mirage groupset,

Submitted by Daniel a Recreational Rider from Wheat Ridge, CO USA

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2001

Strengths:    appearance

Weaknesses:    quality is suspect

Bottom Line:
    This hub is already gritty and scratchy after only a few hundred miles. Its not a major problem yet, but it simply is not spinning as smoothly as it should. I like Campy and would love to have some Nucleons, but they are too pricey. I was able to get a screaming deal on some barely used Heliums, so I went with those as replacements for the wheels/hubs which came with my bike. I should have a review on them here soon. I would say the Mirage front hub is ok but not stellar. With a decent rim, it will serve nicely as a spare. This item earns three habaneros.

Favorite Ride:   something with hills and flats

Purchased At:   lbs

Similar Products Used:   None

Bike Setup:   Bianchi Campione

Submitted by Brian a Recreational Rider from Seattle

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2000

Strengths:    The Name?

Weaknesses:    Poor quality cones!!! Absolute JUNK. On the third rebuild in 8 months. Professionaly maintained. The bloody things cost $9.95 for each replacement.

Bottom Line:
    On the third rebuild in 8 months. Professionaly maintained. The bloody cones cost $9.95 for each replacement at the LBS. Will who speaks Italian tell Campagnolo how dissapointed I am. If their cones where any softer I would swear that they were made of lead or perhaps aluminum. If anyone knows of a alternative cone that will work please let me know. Otherwise I guess I will be replacing the hub in about a month.

Favorite Ride:   Lake Washington Loop

Similar Products Used:   EDCO, WTB, RECORD '94, RECORD Y2k, RSX, LX are all worlds better.

Bike Setup:   Landshark w/Campy Racing-T/Mirage/Veloce/Chorus Mix

Campagnolo mirage front hub disassembly

So, my farely new mirage front hub has already got bearing play. Its making me think I never should have gone for mirage hubs. Its a cartridge bearing hub, is black, and is the latest mirage hub they offered (before doing away with mirage). My problem is, I don't know how to get it apart. It looks l ... Read More »