Bontrager Select Invert Hardcase Tires - Clincher

3.33/5 (3 Reviews)

• Provides a 58% increase in puncture resistance
  • Anti-pinch design is twice as resistant to pinch flats as a standard tire
  • Protects rim from damage
  • Bead-to-bead abrasion-resistant woven

Submitted by Dman a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2009

Strengths:    Good balance of speed and comfort
Slightly mushy but very secure cornering
Durability

Weaknesses:    Tire height may not be suitable for some bikes

Bottom Line:
Four stars! Not for road racers, but good rolling, and much faster than most semi-knobby comfort bike tires. I have the 700X38's, and they soak up the bumps like a full suspension bike (just don't over-inflate them). Perfect for the dirt roads and medium category mountain bike trails I like to ride. No flats after a year, and only slight wear on the tread, and I have put on some miles over that year. The only problem I have is that the tire is so tall the tip of my shoe can rub up against it during tight cornering, but the ride is so comfortable it's something I can live with.

Favorite Ride:   Performance Tri Cross

Submitted by MARQTTE a Commuter

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2008

Strengths:    puncture resistance
long life

Weaknesses:    SLOW!!!!!
heavy
not worth a penny

Bottom Line:
This review is for the Bontrager Invert Hardcase, 700x35c. This tire came on my 2005 trek 7500. It is very slow!!!! Put on a 28mm tire and it is muchhhhh faster. This tire will probably last forever and i've never had a flat but there are much better tires out there. I felt like I was pulling a trailer with these tires.

Favorite Ride:   TO WORK

Purchased At:   Emery's

Similar Products Used:   PANARACER PASELA ROAD TIRE 700x28

Submitted by geowitt a Commuter

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2005

Strengths:    Puncture resistance, pinch flat resistance, wet and turn traction.

Weaknesses:    Heavy, poor mud traction.

Bottom Line:
This is a great tire which I sought out when I couldn't find the Michelin Cross ST/K or whatever the 700 c invert tread Kevlar Michelin was called. This Bontrager tire has great handling characteristics at a variety of inflation pressures and extreme puncture resistance. As a commuter, the last thing I want is a puncture during a rainstorm, and with this tire I haven't had one in over a year. It's good on turf, but it isn't a mud tire, although it sheds mud quickly after mud exposure.

Favorite Ride:   to work and back

Purchased At:   Ken's Bike Shop, Win