Continental GP Attack Tires - Clincher

4.24/5 (38 Reviews)

The Attack is currently only sold in pairs with the GP Force (rear)
700x22c

Submitted by asmallsol a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2010

Strengths:    Grip
Weight

Weaknesses:    Price
Wears super fast during crits

Bottom Line:
I've used a number of Conti's different race levels tires and have kept coming back. I picked these up right at the start of crit season (about mid june here) and probably put about 6-800 race miles on them. Overall impression, they are very good tires. The grip is great, even in wetter conditions. I do like the 24mm rear width. These are on the list of race only tires, as they wear extremely quickly. When they start to wear out, they will end up having whole sections of tread (3-5mm diameter sections at a time) just separate from the casing. When it starts, expect the rest of the tire to do that pretty quick. After a crit yesterday, ever inch or so on the tire had these battle scars. Having ridden the GP4000's, the GP4000S's, these, and Gatorskins, I would recommend just going with the GP4000S's and end up with a much better wearing tire with almost the exact same grip

Purchased At:   Probikekit.com

Similar Products Used:   GP4000S's, standard GP4000's, and Gatorskins

Bike Setup:   Depends on the day.

Submitted by aaronis31337 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2009

Strengths:    Puncture resistance.

Weaknesses:    Price

Bottom Line:
I got about 1500 miles out of the rear tire. Not bad considering I used them for my rides where I knew the roads were bad. I never got a single flat, and I road them till I could see the threads coming out the middle of the tire -- this is a good thing.

The cornering was good, but not great. The really bad thing was how hard it was to mount these tires. Also, the retail price was WAY too much -- but oh well. The front tire looks brand new after 1500+ miles.

Favorite Ride:   Ione Hills

Purchased At:   Local Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   Vittoria Rubino, Specialized, Hutchinson tubeless (don't buy these), Mittchilin Pro-race 3 (just mounted these.

Bike Setup:   TI road frame with Ultegra SL

Submitted by Tuned1955 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2009

Strengths:    Durability / Grip / Confidence

Bottom Line:
I've used a set of these (22/23) for almost 2 years/4000 miles. Frankly, I've been stunned as to how well they've held up. I use them for training on various asphalt surfaces. I'm at 190lbs. Yes, the surface area started showing wear at about 3000 miles, but at that point I was so happy with them, I decided to see how much longer they would hold up. I've yet to see any visible sidewall deterioration. One other note, I experienced NO flats during this 2-year period. All I did was verify air pressure before "every" ride.

No other tire I've ridden has given me this level of confidence. The grip is very good. The rolling resistance is good, but they're not for racing.

Favorite Ride:   Love' em All

Purchased At:   Performance Bike

Similar Products Used:   Various Conti / Michelin / Vredestein

Bike Setup:   Cervelo Solist Carbon / Ultegra

Submitted by Phil a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2008

Strengths:    Good grip (wet or dry), wearing well, so far.

Bottom Line:
Nice solid feel, but forgiving when you run over the rough stuff. I've put about 400 miles on so far and no signs of problems. The front is 1mm narrower than the rear, so it looks cool. Watch the PSI though. Conti website recommends 10 lbs less than the max.

Purchased At:   wheelworld.com

Similar Products Used:   Conti GP 3000, Vredestein Ricorso

Bike Setup:   Cannondale R600, Shimano 105, Mavic wheelset

Submitted by Dan Cohen a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2008

Strengths:    grip (even in the wet)
confidence in corners

Weaknesses:    they are looking worn after 1000 miles

Bottom Line:
Ridden for 1000 miles, all hills (I live in Boulder). I weigh 190 lbs. They are looking worn now so I am looking to replace them but I have done a lot of climbing with them.

Favorite Ride:   Boulder -> Ward

Purchased At:   Bicycle Village

Bike Setup:   trek 2000 / shimano 105

New GP 4000 Chili or Force/Attack Combo?

Which would you guys suggest the new GP 4000 Chili or the Force/Attack Combo? I'm 190lb and basically do fast triaining, no racing in usually great so cal weather.Read More »

comments on conti attack and gp tire

hello all, i am looking to purchase the continental front and rear tire set. any comments would be appreciated. the tires in question is the gp and attack. thanks in advance dirt digglerRead More »