Continental Grand Prix 4 Season Tires - Clincher

3.8/5 (64 Reviews)

Tough just got tougher with the addition of the Vectran anti-puncture breaker. The ultimate combination of speed lightweight and all-weather performance combined with excellent puncture and sidewall protection. Black casing with added DuraSkin sidewall

Submitted by Lew a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: October 21, 2017

Strengths:    Fairly tough, fairly quick.

Weaknesses:    Not bulletproof, patterned tread, sidewall threads come loose and annoy you.

Bottom Line:
I switched to this tire as I found GP4000S2's too weak for my debris covered roads, so I thought I'd try these. They have stood up well to the abuse, but instead of getting small sidewall cuts you end up with the outer threads coming loose, from then on you are always pulling them away.

I like these but I can't understand the need for tread on a road bike tire, I much prefer a slick, also the Gatorskin seems much tougher and only gives away 2 watts. Not bad, use them up if you have them, I might come back to these if I'm dissatisfied with other tires I try.

Bike Setup:   Climbing bike

Submitted by Oswald a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2016

Strengths:    Very durable, no flats.

Weaknesses:    Pricy, not very comfortable despite 28mm size.

Bottom Line:
I bought a used bike that came with 28mm Conti 4 Season tires. So they had already seen some use. I've done thousands of kilometers over the past 2 years on them and they don't show much wear. They are very durable. I use them mostly in the winter, since they don't seem to flat easily. They lack a bit of grip, probably caused by the hard rubber compound. Despite the high msrp I would recommend them.

Favorite Ride:   Route des Collines

Purchased At:   BMC

Similar Products Used:   Too much to list.

Bike Setup:   BMC GF01, DA 7900, Pacenti SL23 on Hope Mono RS.

Submitted by BruiserBob

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2016

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    Sidewall prone to catastrophic failure just above the Kevlar bead. I feel lucky to be alive when mine failed going 51km/h on a mountain descent. A Google search shows numerous examples of these failures in the sidewall.

Bottom Line:
Poor manufacturing quality. Completely unsafe due to potential for sidewall rupture.

Submitted by 425bulldog

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2015

Strengths:    I replaced my OEM tires due to 3 flats in about 200 miles. I ride in the eastern half of Washington State where we have lots of puncture vine or (goat heads). The roads are dirty full of broken glass and other sharp objects. Have not had a single flat in about 1500 miles since switching to the GP 4 Season. Overall really happy.

Weaknesses:    I was hoping to get at least 3000 miles out of them but with small chunks starting to come off I'm not sure they will make it to 2000 miles.

Bottom Line:
Overall a good tire for the pacific northwest and all of our rain and dirty roads. If you need something with good wet weather grip and puncture protection this is a great option.

Submitted by John Mairice

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2013

Strengths:    Durability, ride, and grip.

Weaknesses:    none.

Bottom Line:
Haven ridden on lots of tires over the last forty years these Conti 4 seasons are my favorite.I have ridden over junk with these that would have punctured most other tires.These still ride nice especially the 28 mm ones I use on my winter bike.One cold wet roads they grip well.The best tire for all conditions around I have found.