Continental Grand Prix 4 Season Tires - Clincher

3.82/5 (61 Reviews)

Tough just got tougher with the addition of the Vectran anti-puncture breaker. The ultimate combination of speed lightweight and all-weather performance combined with excellent puncture and sidewall protection. Black casing with added DuraSkin sidewall

Submitted by 425bulldog

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2015

Strengths:    I replaced my OEM tires due to 3 flats in about 200 miles. I ride in the eastern half of Washington State where we have lots of puncture vine or (goat heads). The roads are dirty full of broken glass and other sharp objects. Have not had a single flat in about 1500 miles since switching to the GP 4 Season. Overall really happy.

Weaknesses:    I was hoping to get at least 3000 miles out of them but with small chunks starting to come off I'm not sure they will make it to 2000 miles.

Bottom Line:
Overall a good tire for the pacific northwest and all of our rain and dirty roads. If you need something with good wet weather grip and puncture protection this is a great option.

Submitted by John Mairice

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2013

Strengths:    Durability, ride, and grip.

Weaknesses:    none.

Bottom Line:
Haven ridden on lots of tires over the last forty years these Conti 4 seasons are my favorite.I have ridden over junk with these that would have punctured most other tires.These still ride nice especially the 28 mm ones I use on my winter bike.One cold wet roads they grip well.The best tire for all conditions around I have found.

Submitted by M. Smith

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2013

Strengths:    Supple ride, puncture resistance, traction

Weaknesses:    Cost (maybe)

Bottom Line:
The best all weather tire I've owned, and I've ridden too many to recite. 330 tpi provides exceptional ride quality for an endurance tire. Very durable - over 1K miles on dirty, unkept winter roads with no punctures, etc. (road GP 4000s in similar conditions all of 2 rides before experiencing catastrophic side wall blow out. The GP 4000s is an even lighter, better riding tire, but the sidewalls are like paper compared to GP 4 Season...)
I don't agree with reviews criticizing traction. My rule of thumb is to break in new tires over 5-10 miles as they're generally pretty slick right out of the box. And many factors play into traction besides tire design/composition: weather, air temperature, type of pavement, oil/solvents on road, speed, lean angle, etc. If you go into a corner too hot with an aggressive lean angle in poor conditions, you're going to go down even if your tires typically behave like velcro.

Submitted by Ricky J a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 2, 2012

Strengths:    Excellent real world performance in a tough and puncture resistant tire, light weight, very good ride quality, consistent quality control.

Weaknesses:    Premium price, somewhat fast wearing.

Bottom Line:
With today's economic realities leading to service cutbacks the road shoulders of San Luis Obispo are in much worse shape than ever, littered with broken glass and metal debris. Were it not for tires like these and the Panaracer T Serv my road riding career might be over! After spending many happy years on the Panaracers I tried the GP4S and came away impressed- they are faster, grippier, more compliant, and about as puncture resistant. To me, they are worth the higher price...the ride is just that much more enjoyable. I'll always keep an eye out for sharp debris (and sweep them up when possible!) but with some peace of mind. KNOCK ON WOOD.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere smooth and fast...let's GO!

Purchased At:   CBO walk-in

Similar Products Used:   Panaracer T Serv (very good overall), Conti Gator Hardshell (winter / rainy season only)

Bike Setup:   Steelman Signature Road, Kent Eriksen Ti sportiv with Schmidt dyno hub + Supernova E3 headlight and Honjo Hammertone fenders; both bikes are now running HED C2 Belgium rims and 700x25 GP4S.

Submitted by Freeagent35

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2012

Strengths:    Very durable. Great grip. Decent weight. Very nice road feel.

Weaknesses:    Cost, but overall a very good value in light of durability.

Bottom Line:
I could not disagree more with the negative reviews. I switched from Vredestein Fortezza SE to these last Fall. Our Central IL roads are horrible, with road maintenance consisting of constantly dumping gravel on the roads. I liked the Vreds but on these roads they were rough and did not last. I have been stunned at how much better the GP 4 Season hold up. I am getting 2x the life or better so the cost evens out. If you are careful where you buy them they are not that bad (Try www.velomine.com; Springfield, IL). I have a set of GP 4000s that I am going to try for the Summer, but for the Fall/Winter/early Spring I am sold on these.