Continental SuperSport Ultra Wire Bead Tires - Clincher

3.57/5 (14 Reviews)

• Store Price

Train like the professionals. An ideal long lasting low rolling resistance training tire at an economical price. All Black with a wire bead. 27 x 1 18 Inch 28-630 ISO 370 grams 27 x 1 14 Inch 32-630 ISO 380 grams

Submitted by jimbagg

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2013

Strengths:    Smooth ride

Bottom Line:
Great smooth riding tire, low rolling resistance. Use for commuting, no flats.

Submitted by rustyrob a Recreational Rider from Haywards Heath, Sussex

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2002

Strengths:    Cut resistant tread. Because of the smooth latex surface cuts can be filled with super glue, unlike butyl tyres. They are easy to take on and off. Easy to spot tread damage and remedy.

Weaknesses:    Walls are susceptible to cuts.

Bottom Line:
I do randonees on a variety of bikes, including a George Longstaff trike. With low rolling resistance allied to high mileage, these tyres roll even better with latex innertubes, which renders the tyres even more puncture resistant. Excellent traction in wet and dry conditions. They also become more puncture resistant with a dusting of talcum powder between tyre and tube.

Favorite Ride:   East Sussex lanes

Purchased At:   Settle Cycles, Yorks

Similar Products Used:   Michelin 25's in the 1950's.

Bike Setup:   Geo. Longstall 22" 2-wheel drive trike. Use suspension seatpost, flexstem. Mavic triple.

Submitted by theycallmetiger a Road Racer from sydney, australia

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2001

Strengths:    cheap, durable, Continentals!

Weaknesses:    they don't make me go faster. oh sorry that is me not doing enough training!

Bottom Line:
I have done nearly 5000km on one pair and have no complaints. I train on them, I race on them, but I don't go out in the rain! Call me soft, but maybe that is the difference. I love Conti's and would only upgrade to maybe a lighter tyre if I thought they would be as good as these.

Favorite Ride:   hilly with no traffic

Purchased At:   lbs

Similar Products Used:   Conti Top Touring (best touring tyre in the world!)

Bike Setup:   Reynolds 531, Open 4CD's, 110-120PSI

Submitted by Juan Ayarza a Recreational Rider from Boise, ID

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2001

Strengths:    low rolling resistance
flat supression
durability

Weaknesses:    a little heavy

Bottom Line:
I didn't realize how good these tires were until I replaced them. They had a good stable feel with really low rolling resistance, and didn't flat often. When they did flat, you still had good control to come to a stop. They have been on my bike since '97 and had over 3000 miles on them when I replaced them.

Purchased At:   came on bike