Continental Ultra 3000 Tires - Clincher

3.44/5 (18 Reviews)

This Racing/Sport tire defines a new class. The Ultra 3000 with its slick tread for exceptional grip.

Submitted by James Bradley a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2011

Strengths:    Durable and seemingly puncture proof.

Bottom Line:
Best tires I have ever owned

Submitted by Telemarketer a Commuter

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2006

Strengths:    Only seems suitable for hot-weather, smooth asphalt, hi-psi budget spinning. And maybe the new ones are different?

Weaknesses:    Tread material was made for low resistance, high grip.. so it's hard and sheds, too much silica probably. It had low mileage and a narrow temperature margin makes it practically slick in the cold/wet. My 650 wire bead model was heavy and less like a casing and more like a hoop, it was shifty on the rim and nightmarish with low psi due too overly tall paper-ish sidewall.

Bottom Line:
My OEM 650c tri-bike came with these and I was not impressed. They have have long L-shaped slot treads instead of the short curved ones I am seeing in all the ads. Anthracite grey w/ black sidewalls. Maybe they were from an earlier year.

Favorite Ride:   one road, 25mi out, 25mi in

Purchased At:   n/a (OEM 2003 C-dale

Similar Products Used:   Continental Grand Prix (actually a great value)

Bike Setup:   Cannondale Ironman

Submitted by Oldteen a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2006

Strengths:    Smooth ride, decent grip while it lasted

Weaknesses:    Wears and cuts too easily.

Bottom Line:
OK tire, but seems delicate. After only 250mi on typical US suburban roads (pretty smooth), rear tire had obvious wear spots & cuts. Junked tire due to a cut through the casing. I expect more life from a tire.

Favorite Ride:   The next one

Similar Products Used:   Vredenstein, Ritchey, Maxxis, Kenda

Bike Setup:   CAAD5 frame, mostly 105 gruppo

Submitted by marcel a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2004

Strengths:    Good performance from the Continental Ultra 3000 en lasted fairly long i think.

Weaknesses:    Just started to ride. I don't know what you can't expect after 3800 km!

Bottom Line:
The Koga Miyata Bike is a great Bike to ride. The tires who goes aloang with the bike are Continental ultra 3000 tires.

After 3800 km in 10 month's they were worn out. Now I use Continental Grand Prix (C-145) (EUR 16.95).

Favorite Ride:   KOGA MIYATA SUPERWINNER 2003