Continental Ultra Sport Tires - Clincher

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

An attractive tread design and a choice of colored treads can turn any race bike into a superb visual masterpiece. Ultra Sport tires make a stunning impact on every training ride and are ideal for newcomers to road biking. Comes in All Black YellowBlack

Submitted by Bluegrassblazer

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2013

Strengths:    Good early in their life. Seemed to roll very well.

Weaknesses:    Bad later in their life

Bottom Line:
Got a set of these on my new bike and rode them without issue until I hit about 700 miles. From that point on I was fixing flats...front and back....on a very regular basis.
Chucked them at 825 miles after yet another flat and seeing threads poking through the rubber.
Continental has a pretty good reputation for the most part so I was very surprised at how badly these tire wore. Replaced with some Vittorias and won't look back.

Submitted by Neal

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2013

Strengths:    These tires just take a beating and keep on rolling.

Weaknesses:    None that I have seen yet

Bottom Line:
I got into road cycling during my first 3 day 250+ mile ride last year and bought these tires in blue to match my older bike last year. I rode over 500 miles and no flats or issues. I got a white set this year and put well over 700 miles again no flats. The roads were less than perfect and some riddled with holes and bumps and still these tires rolled on. I would highly recommend these tires.