Continental Ultrasport Tires - Clincher

2.55/5 (67 Reviews)

Continental Ultrasport Road Tire has an attractive tread design and a choice of coloured treads that can turn any race bike into a superb visual masterpiece. UltraSport tires make a stunning impact on every training ride and are ideal for newcomers to roa

Submitted by v8powerage

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2017

Strengths:    Durability, grip

Weaknesses:    They don't have "4000 s" on the sidewall, that's why some people will never buy them.

Bottom Line:
There's so much nonsense in some of the reviews here that I felt I had to write my own.

I've been using those tires for years now, current pair has 20.000km (over bad roads and gravel) on them and I haven't got any puncture until last week, but the rear tire wear indicator almost dissapeared so no surprise here.

These are not slow tires, I often cruise at 40km/h without any effort, they also have very good acceleration, I'm faster than cars off the traffic lights so I'd say they are pretty good. I climb 12% or bigger hills without having to get off the saddle so can't imagine what improvement more expensive tires could give me here effort wise.

They have very durable sidewalls as well, even if you bruise them, which happens when you try to navigate around speed hump, the crack doesn't get any bigger. They also have amazing grip in corners. I have used 23c as well as 25c wire bead type, currently I have 25c, I'm running them at 7.5bar which is in the middle of recommended air pressure.

Submitted by George a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2016

Strengths:    Love the way they feel on the bike, smoother than my last set (Continental Super Sport), corner better, feel grippy. Can pump up to 100psi without feeling harsh

Weaknesses:    After maybe a few hundred miles I got a bulge/twist on the back tire so had to replace it. Did not hit anything that I'm aware of, maybe overinflation due to high temps lately?

Bottom Line:
Overall still pretty happy with the tires, mount easily, love the feel, and you can find them for ~$20 each, so even with the failure which may have been partly my fault (possible over-inflation) still not a bad value.

Purchased At:   amazon

Similar Products Used:   Continental Super Sport 27x1 1/8"

Bike Setup:   vintage Fuji 12-spd Grand SE with 27" wheels, use the 28x630 = 27 1/8" size

Submitted by bike 117

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2016

Strengths:    over 4400 miles they came with my Scott Metrix hybrid just starting to show the bead , used on roads both smooth and rough & plenty of gravel . Mostly on 40/70 mile rides with plenty of hills

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
just ordered the same tires/ hopefully they perform like the original set

Submitted by Whaddeva

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2016

Strengths:    Great Value

Weaknesses:    Cannot find one

Bottom Line:
Got them on my new Wheeler Route 1.5 bike. Made 2000+ km in the past 5 months. Not a single problem, great on dry and does pretty well on wet roads, smooth, great control. They do not look tired or terribly worn. Still plenty of life in them. No punctures or flats, hope continues so.

Submitted by Alfred Loya a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2016

Strengths:    Can't say.

Weaknesses:    Not dependable

Bottom Line:
Purchased new rims put these on ten minutes into ride. Air leaks out from day one on rear tire , front one was fine.

Purchased At:   Icycle

Similar Products Used:   Gator Skins these were great.