Continental Ultrasport Tires - Clincher

2.26/5 (54 Reviews)

Continental Ultrasport Road Tire has an attractive tread design and a choice of coloured treads that can turn any race bike into a superb visual masterpiece. UltraSport tires make a stunning impact on every training ride and are ideal for newcomers to roa

Submitted by SM

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2014

Strengths:    NONE

Weaknesses:    I have flatted on every ride I have used these!

Bottom Line:
STAY AWAY

Submitted by James

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2013

Strengths:    Reasonably smooth rolling
I have since acquired above average expertise for changing inner tubes

Weaknesses:    Ridiculous amount of flats. You don't want to know how much I have spent on tubes

Bottom Line:
Definitely a stepping stone before a better tire, upgraded to GP4000s haven't looked back since. In a nutshell these are excellent tires if you wish to excel in the art of tube changing

Submitted by Ollie

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2013

Strengths:    cheap, good grip in the dry.

Weaknesses:    Extremely short life span, punctures, relatively slow to spin up.

Bottom Line:
I would avoid these tires at all costs. They are very fast wearing and slow, not to mention puncture prone. Stick to Vittoria Rubino Pros for a training tyre!

Submitted by Stephen Tsai a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2012

Strengths:    Low cost, looks like a race tyre, comfortable, looks durable.

Weaknesses:    High rolling resistance, somewhat heavy & easily goes flats.

Bottom Line:
Bought a pair new with my new wheelset for a trial. I always maintain 7 bar pressure before any rides.
On faster cycling efforts, I can feel the rolling resistance's dragging behinds. The tyres just dont rolls & accelerate fast enough. Feels like a stone heavy.

I got two flats on my short rides & starts to avoid using it outdoor now.
The tyres is now for my indoor rollers usage where i arent worried of speeds & punctures.
I think it good for general communting bike only. Wont call it an outdoor training tyre unless you like to discourage yourself using it. I have two pairs of con. Gp4000s, that are real good racing tyres & training tyre. I guess money pays.

Favorite Ride:   Fac matang

Purchased At:   Prof-bike shop kuchi

Similar Products Used:   Continental gp4000s, Victoria, kena pro,

Bike Setup:   On my fulcrum racing 3 spare wheelset. My main bikes are on gp4000s

Submitted by A T a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2012

Strengths:    Inexpensive, look nice, good grip, soft rubber

Weaknesses:    Punctures easily. Probably no more than 500 mile life on avg.

Bottom Line:
The non-folding version of these came stock on my Motobecane RECORD. I got about 300 miles on them without issue before I switched to Mich Krylions (which I love -- see that review). After the summer riding season and about 1500 miles on the Krylions I switched back to these to get me thru winter training rides and preserve my Krylions for next summer. I pumped them up to 100 PSI. Within 50 miles the back tire developed a bulge and started splitting, so it was shot. I thought it was a one-off occurrence, so I ordered the folding version from amazon for $26 delivered to replace it. Unfortunately it got a puncture within 75 miles that begin to widen when I pumped it up all the way. Amazon was good enough to take it back and refund my money. I have put what was the front on the rear now, and am using my spare (Vittoria) on the front. I've gotten about 200 miles on this combination with the Conti Ultrasport on the back, so probably 600+ miles on it all told. It is showing wear and a growing number of tiny holes, but so far it is holding up. I can't imagine it will last too much longer, though. When it does fail it will be the last of my Conti Ultrasports, I'll not buy any more.

Recommendation: Much better to spend 50% more and get a tire that will last 3X as long and with far fewer punctures.Continental makes some good tires. This is not one of them.

Favorite Ride:   Flat and warm

Purchased At:   BikeIsland.COM

Bike Setup:   Motobecane RECORD

Conti UltraGator vs. UltraSport

Hey all - I just went for my first ride on some Conti UltraSport in 700X25, and I can't believe how smooth they feel! I had been using UltraGatorSkins in 28, and the difference was substantial. I'm really tempted to run 28c UltraSports instead of the Gatorskins I currently have on my commuter. Qu ... Read More »

conti ultrasport for $13 at cheapandsteep

move it to hot deals, but figured more would see it here and the deals only last minutes [url]www.steepandcheap.com[/url]Read More »