Continental Ultrasport Tires - Clincher

2.3/5 (57 Reviews)

Continental Ultrasport Road Tire has an attractive tread design and a choice of coloured treads that can turn any race bike into a superb visual masterpiece. UltraSport tires make a stunning impact on every training ride and are ideal for newcomers to roa

Submitted by J.T.

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2014

Strengths:    Durable for awhile

Weaknesses:    Don't last a long time

Bottom Line:
These tires came brand new (never ridden) on a used bike I purchased. After reading reviews I was initially tempted to ask the guy I bought the bike from if I could have the receipt so I could exchange them for better tires. In the end I am glad I didn't bother. Believe it or not I made almost exactly 1000 miles without a single flat. However, as soon as I got one flat I got a couple more in less than 50 miles. It seems the rear tire is worn out after 1000 miles.

I can't comment much on rolling resistance as most of the other bike tires I've used have been either mountain or commuting oriented so I don't have any fast tire experience to compare them with but they seemed fairly fast to me. I give this a good rating overall as I have never ridden 1000 miles on any other tire set without a flat (maybe I just got lucky, who knows). They didn't last forever but I did grow trust them before they wore out. I am going to replace them with some higher end tires, but I would consider the Ultra Sports again if they were on sale for $20 or so somewhere.

Submitted by John P

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2014

Strengths:    It's a tyre. If you own a bike shop and want to save money upfront, have a residual income from fixing flats and make all of your customers angry then this is the tire for you!

Weaknesses:    It's a tire but it doesn't do a very job of keeping air on the inside. It seems to prefer the air to roam free from outside the confines of it's rubbery prison. Just fitted these and flatted within 1 mile of the house. Fixed it, then 10 feet down the road the other went flat. There wasn't even a piece of glass to pull out. Just some empty holes where "something" went through. Fixed the 2nd one and made my way home because I was out of patches. Got there and leaned the bike against the wall and pfffffffffssssstttt. I wasn't even riding it! A 3rd hole for no reason. Awful awful things these are. I want my money back.

Bottom Line:
Absolute rubbish. 0 stars. Would NOT buy again. In fact, the CIA should make truck tires out of whatever these are made from and secretly sell them to Al Qaida along with all the guns and stuff. They would be immobilized within 3 days. Victory! U!S!A! U!S!A! U!S!A!

Submitted by Ben

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2014

Strengths:    Inexpensive tire, good looking, works well. Over 500 miles and going strong.

Weaknesses:    I had one set that pinched flat pretty hard on the rear.

Bottom Line:
I have used two sets of these tires and have only had one problem with flats so far, but it was a pinch flat in the tire was a little low on pressure. A great hire for the money.

Submitted by SM

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2014

Strengths:    NONE

Weaknesses:    I have flatted on every ride I have used these!

Bottom Line:
STAY AWAY

Submitted by James

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2013

Strengths:    Reasonably smooth rolling
I have since acquired above average expertise for changing inner tubes

Weaknesses:    Ridiculous amount of flats. You don't want to know how much I have spent on tubes

Bottom Line:
Definitely a stepping stone before a better tire, upgraded to GP4000s haven't looked back since. In a nutshell these are excellent tires if you wish to excel in the art of tube changing

Conti UltraGator vs. UltraSport

Hey all - I just went for my first ride on some Conti UltraSport in 700X25, and I can't believe how smooth they feel! I had been using UltraGatorSkins in 28, and the difference was substantial. I'm really tempted to run 28c UltraSports instead of the Gatorskins I currently have on my commuter. Qu ... Read More »

conti ultrasport for $13 at cheapandsteep

move it to hot deals, but figured more would see it here and the deals only last minutes [url]www.steepandcheap.com[/url]Read More »