CST Czar Tires - Clincher

Take corners with ease with the Czar, a fast-rolling, dual compound tire featuring increased cornering traction.
The pro level tire provides a lightweight EPS puncture resistance layer, making the Czar's dependability as good as its performance.

Submitted by Jojo a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2016

Strengths:    They seem durable and able to hold its grip on corners. They're very affordable.

Weaknesses:    The rolling resistance is higher than that of the Maxxis Detonators and much higher than that of the Vittoria Zafiro Slicks - I had to 'acclimatize' myself to harder pedaling when I took my RB with this on to a 75 km ride. Increasing the tire pressure is not very helpful as the very slight decrease in pedal hardness is 'shadowed' by a much rougher ride. Anyway, I think for the price, these would be good training tires.

Bottom Line:
Never use these tires on races. These would be good (I think) as training tires but it will slow you down on a race.

Purchased At:   Local Bike SHop

Similar Products Used:   Maxxis Detonator, Vittoria Zafiro Slick

Bike Setup:   Road Bike: Louis Garneau LCA w/ Tiagra drive train. Previously used Maxxis Detonator tires & switched to CST Czar tires when worn out;
Triathlon Bike: Jamis Xenith T w/105 drivetrain & Vittoria Zafiro Slick tires

Submitted by FRANK NEAL

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2015

Strengths:    The price , the ride and the comfort

Weaknesses:    no complaints

Bottom Line:
I have ridden 322 miles in the heat and rain in Central ..And I I have zero complaints . the comfort , reliability and durability are far beyond what I was expecting from a economical tire . I am a fan of these tires . What a great product . I will definitely be a repeat buyer . Keep up the great work .

Submitted by elise a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2013

Strengths:    My husband has had this tire on his bike rear for mod than a year now. He doesn't ride a lot, none the less it hasn't given us any trouble. It seems to hold air better than the older expensive front tire. I just had 2 put on
my bike and they feel pretty good. I ride 50-100mi/week, even if its 100° out. The guy that installed them did mention something about using a shorter stem with these tires, maybe that'd help some people that don't chance the tire for a living.

Weaknesses:    Haven't found any yet

Bottom Line:
Overall, fine tire for everyday riding. I haven't had the experience of the best tires to compare these too. Seem just fine to me. I really like the feel of these tires on my hands, almost tacky. But that may be the lack of dirt. Hoping the traction is awesome. Good luck out there!

Purchased At:   local bike shop, tis

Bike Setup:   Road bike

Submitted by Mike

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2013

Strengths:    I rode these tires for over a 1000 miles without complaint. I rode them on chip seal in SC and across the entire state of AR and did not flat. This past weekend I finally had to replace them. I tried Michelin Krylon and pinched two tubes trying to install them. I am going back to CSTs!

Weaknesses:    None. Cant beat the price and durability in my experienc

Bottom Line:
Why fix it if they are not broke!

Submitted by 8ch a Commuter

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2011

Strengths:    cheap

Weaknesses:    inconsistant ride, punctured easily

Bottom Line:
they felt imbalanced and punctured without resistance. I have spent a lot of money on tubes during the use of these tires. But in their defence i am riding iowa's worst streets and during the first of the year when the roads are littered with the most debri. i couldn't aford to ride them any longer. i hope others have better luck.

Purchased At:   ichibike dsm,ia