Hutchinson Fusion 3 Tires - Clincher

2.64/5 (11 Reviews)

The Fusion 3 offer the best compromise between grip, performance and resistance by using a triple compound design. Hard rubber center to improve wear and resist cuts Lower rolling resistance Softer intermediate rubber t...

Submitted by Gayle Garrigues a Commuter

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2013

Strengths:    Easy to get off rim

Weaknesses:    If you like fixing flats this is the tire for you
After a whopping 300 miles I started getting flats on a daily basis
Don't waste your time or money.

Bottom Line:
Don't buy

Submitted by harry tuttle a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2013

Strengths:    smooth ride, 127 tpi, grip, durability

Weaknesses:    can be pricey when not on sale, weak-ish bead

Bottom Line:
was trying out a 25mm front tire looking for some comfort. unfortunately it was cheap and 60tpi. i have 1800 miles on the fusion 3 rear and its still going strong, so i put it up front and put a new fusion 3 on the rear. wow, what a difference. great ride. i am ~165lbs and run 100-105psi. i have had one tire blow off the rim after going over a bad railroad crossing; two others in my group also flatted but without the tire coming off the rim. luckily no damage to the rim (mavic ksyrium elites). no fives in the rating because 1) they ride great but not like a tubular, 2) I have seen $65 MSRP and that is a bit strong, but you can find them on sale.

Similar Products Used:   michelin pro race 3, tufo s33, vittoria rubino,

Submitted by Mark Morgan

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2013

Strengths:    Roll well

Weaknesses:    Inherent weakness in sidewalls or beading or both

Bottom Line:
I got great milage out of my fusion 2's experiencing no problems whatsover. Thought I'd upgrade to the new model after reading some glowing reviews. Obviously, whoever wrote the reviews didn't spend long enough riding on these tyres because if they did they'd retract everything they said. After riding bikes for 35 years I know how to fit a tyre correctly so I can't blame myself for the accident that occurred the first time I used my new fusion 3's. After just 500 mtrs as I rolled downhill the bloody sidewall on my front tyre blew off the rim and sent me sprawling across the road. One broken rib and about three layers of skin later I limped back home and threw these brand new, dangerous as all hell tyres straight into the garbage bin where they belong. It's not just coincidence, there are way too many people experiencing the same problem and to be honest, I don't know how these tyres are still on the market. They're a disgrace to their makers.

Submitted by Kickerua a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2012

Strengths:    Very good puncture resistance — 2 years, zero puncture.
Very smooth ride.

Weaknesses:    None I known.

Bottom Line:
It's 3000 miles already done, and I suppose after another 3000 miles I will buy two new fusion 3.

Bike Setup:   Bianchi Infinito

Submitted by Brooks LIde

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2012

Strengths:    Good tire with good durability.

Weaknesses:    None other than they are more difficult to mount than Conti's especially when new.

Bottom Line:
I have ridden these tires for the last 4-5 years in different iterations (Fusion 2 up through Fusion 3). Usually can find them on sale. They have been very reliable and I have gotten high milage on every one of these tires, much higher than
Conti's or other good tires. I have not had any sidewall trouble that others have complained about. Great tires. I ride 8-10,000 miles a year doing fast group rides.