IRC Redstorm Street Kevlar Tires - Clincher

IRC Red Storm Street Kevlar Tire 700x23c

Submitted by Paul W.

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2013

Strengths:    None.

Weaknesses:    Bead is defective, many black strings hanging from tire onto brake track.

Bottom Line:
I had about 100 on my set, and the bead on the front tire disintegrated on a 30 mph descent. I was about 15 miles into my club ride. A 10" section of the bead had been destroyed and shredded. I have never had this happen to a tire before. I ride with 110 lbs. of pressure. I have had good luck with IRC's before, but this is probably just another example of Chinese manufacturing. Back to Bontragers.

Submitted by Kent Fossgreen

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2012

Strengths:    Good ride quality, durable, resistant to damage and flatting, CHEAP!

Bottom Line:
I've put a thousand miles on my first set of these tires, and they are hands down the best deal I've found. Their ride quality, longevity, and resistance to flats easily equals tires that cost twice as much or more. They seem pretty impervious to sidewall damage too--way better than several (much) more expensive tires I've ridden. They corner decently even on wet pavement, better than I expected for a slick tread tire. I don't know how they can do 120TPI and a folding bead at this price ($29.95/pair!) but I hope I'm not jinxing myself by posting this review.