Kenda Kaliente Tires - Clincher

• Store Price

The special L3R Pro compound extends tread life, increases traction and lowers rolling resistance...

Submitted by toscake a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2013

Strengths:    Light weight, puncture resistance,

Weaknesses:    Wet traction

Bottom Line:
I have been using this tire for about 5 years. It came stock on my Motobecane. This tire has been by far the lightest tire for the price I have found. They are very resistant to punctures in the dry. I generally get around 2500 to 3000 miles out of the rear more from the front. I have ridden the rear tires right down to the cord before and still not had a flat.The biggest down side is they are less than stellar in the rain and shed off small pebbles poorly. I usually get my flats at this time. I will continue to use these but price has gone up and they have become tougher to find. I have paid as little as $20 to as high as $35 Kenda has replaced this model with a newer slightly heaver version.

Purchased At:   Modern Bike

Similar Products Used:   Specialized, Michelin, house brands

Bike Setup:   Carbon Motobecane, Ultegra drive train, Nuevation Wheels

Submitted by kevvjj a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2013

Strengths:    V light. Great puncture resistance. Awesome rolling ability. Comfortable even at rated max pressure.

Weaknesses:    A tight initial fit on my Dura Ace rims.

Bottom Line:
These are awesome tyres. They roll really, really well - every bit as good as Conti Grand Prix 4000S.
Mine both came in under 200g but they have fabulous puncture resistance (none yet after 1000 km).
On a price value basis they are very hard to beat. You could race in these. I used to only buy the big names but these are right up there with the best.

Favorite Ride:   Uriarra Loop

Similar Products Used:   Maxxis Re-Fuse

Bike Setup:   Lynskey R330

Submitted by daren7 a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2011

Strengths:    Wear well, excellent dry grip, supple ride, super flat protection

Weaknesses:    Wet grip is sub-par

Bottom Line:
Not sure why some on here have had bad luck with these tires... I've beat them, hammered them and put tons of hard heavy miles on them and can't kill 'em. Hot, cold, nasty shoulders full of glass etc.. cattle guards, etc... Where else can you get a sub 200 gram tire that's this tough and rolls this well!

Favorite Ride:   Virgin to Kolob

Similar Products Used:   most all

Bike Setup:   BMC SLC01 - Campy Super Record, Fulcrum 0's

Submitted by redliner a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2011

Strengths:    Inexpensive, fast rolling, light weight

Weaknesses:    It's not indestuctable

Bottom Line:
Pretty good tire for the money. I have had a few flats (i.e. running over a rock, riding over a metal plate and riding on road with construction. No tire is indestructable no matter what they say. I think some times it just comes down to luck.

Favorite Ride:   Cannondale Supersix

Purchased At:   biketiresdirect

Similar Products Used:   Gatorskins, Vittoria Rubino Pro Slick, Michelin Pro Race 3

Bike Setup:   Cannondale Supersix, Dura-Ace Wheels, SRAM Red and Kenda Kalientes

Submitted by Bart a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2011

Strengths:    Weight
Ride
Grip
Puncture Resistance
Price
Tread Life

Weaknesses:    ZERO!

Bottom Line:
These tires started out on my primary race wheels, and already had a few races on them. I raced them in 6 races last year, and then over the winter I got a set of Zipp tubies, and sold my aluminum training wheels, making my carbon clinchers these were on my new training wheels for my race bike. I've probably put 3500miles on them, and only had two rear flats. The front still seems good, but the rear has a bulge from threads breaking. I only expected these tires to last 1000miles or so, but they seem to ride better, and last a long if not longer than the Krylions I used to train with. So I just ordered another set. I plan to keep using the front, for it is still pretty good, and not even squared off yet.

Favorite Ride:   Fast, and hilly

Purchased At:   from a friend came o