Kenda Kross Supreme Tires - Clincher

4.33/5 (3 Reviews)

Kenda Kross Supreme Cyclo Cross Tire 700x35c is excellent for any type of cyclo cross riding. Deep, but tightly grouped tread ensures grip in all condition without sacrificing rolling efficiency. This tire is also suitable for a hybrid rider who is lookin

Submitted by jeff free a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2007

Strengths:    great traction on macadem and good wear
capabilities. Dual compound tread. Great cornering and mtn bike climbing.

Weaknesses:    weight

Bottom Line:
These are the most aggressive cross ones I have found. They are fantastic macadam cruising and commuting tires and very resistant to pinchflats. I can run them at 60 psi and have total cross capabilities. Work same front and rear.

Favorite Ride:   Iron cross at michaux

Purchased At:   Pedal Pusher special

Similar Products Used:   Panaracer Crossblaster

Bike Setup:   Lightspeed Blueridge, rear LX derail.
Mavic Openpro wheelset from Wheelsmith

Submitted by snellemin a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2003

Strengths:    very sticky on asphalt. Noticable when taking corners fast and hard.

Weaknesses:    I wish it was a bit lighter.

Bottom Line:
I have 1 on these kenda kross plus on the front of my bike. It's pretty light for being sticky and wide. It's much easier to take hard corners on asphalt and hard dirt. I am able to go faster with less paddle effort. I use a similar wider tire 2.10 in the back of my bike. This is a good combo for me.

Bike Setup:   Fuji discovery 2 mtb. Dual suspension bike.

Submitted by GlowBoy a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2002

Strengths:    Fat and thick. Cheap. Big volume plus thick squishy rubber provides cushy ride and GREAT traction.

Weaknesses:    Squirmy. Thick squishy rubber isn't the most stable on hardpack. Heavy, at about 500g.

Bottom Line:
Bought this tire because I wanted something fatter and cushier for the back of my 'crosser than a 700x32, and my 700x38 Ritchey buzzed the chainstays. It's big and fat - actually pretty close to the stated 35mm width. I've run this tire on back for trail riding for a while now, but I'm going to try it on the front (w/ something skinnier in back) for 'cross season. Great trail tire and should be good for muddy 'cross courses, but not so great for pavement or hardpack.

Favorite Ride:   Cultus Lake

Purchased At:   CityBikes Co-op Anne

Similar Products Used:   WTB All Terrainasaurus 30c, Conti Twister (wire) 32c, Ritchey Mount Cross 38c, Panaracer Smoke 45c (!)

Bike Setup:   2001 Bianchi Volpe, set up with gears for road and trail rides, and singlespeed for commuting and cy

geax cross blades vs. kenda kross supreme

Hey has anyone used the geax cross blades at all? I wanted to use them for a fowl weather commuter tire and was wondering how they would hold on snow and slush. They look pretty bomber. My other choice is the kenda kross supreme. If anyone has any beta on these tires it would be great. Thanks gu ... Read More »