Kenda Kwest Tires - Clincher

• Store Price

Kenda Kwest 700 x 32c Black Steel Bead Tire: Slick tire with traction grooves for on-road riding. 60 tpi casing

Submitted by James

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2014

Strengths:    26x1.5 tire is great. 100psi is more than needed for 26"

Weaknesses:    700x28 tire is terrible. 85 psi is not enough.

Bottom Line:
We bought 26x1.5 tires for road usage almost two years ago, over 500 miles later and no flats.

My Pure Fix bike came with one blue and one green Kenda Kwest, 700x28. I had about 10 flats during those 6 months, 4 or 5 actually because of the tires, 2 because of the rim strips, and several from the tire strips we put between the tube and tire to prevent thorns. And even one was caused by tube valve breaking! Very bad luck I guess but only bad tires caused it.

The Vittoria Zaffiro Pro 700-23c tires are black colored and can withstand 100-145psi. They suit my needs much better and after 200 miles on these absolutely no problems. No problems in the rain,

Submitted by Steve

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2013

Strengths:    Fair price and durabilty

Weaknesses:    Haven't found one.

Bottom Line:
I bought the Kenda Kwest on my Bike shop's recommendation (my price range).They replaced dry rotted tires on my donated GT Vantara.I went a little smaller (700-35) and I didn't replace tubes at the time (12 years old) .Now after a year and a little over 1000 miles I noticed rear tire was worn more than front.My 240 pounds took it's toll so I rotated front to rear and replaced tubes.No punctures to tires but lost air due to bad valve core and age of original tube.No big deal.I ride paved roads in hot and humid Florida,rain and shine (often both on same ride).At 80 PSI these have a nice ride and grip just fine.Some of the more critical reviews I've read here don't sound like tire problems.Install the tires properly and watch where you ride and you should be happy with these tires.

Submitted by Clark a Commuter

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2013

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    No flat protection.

Bottom Line:
As of this writing, I have been using these tires for 4 days (117 city commuting miles) and have had 2 flats. The first was from a wire that worked through the tread and the second was from a very small bit of glass that ripped a huge gash in the tread open to expose the carcass. This is my first and last experiment with Kenda tires. I didn't expect much from these tires and that is exactly what I received.

Submitted by PoppyPopperPants a Commuter

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2013

Strengths:

Weaknesses:    Terrible puncture resistance, always feel flat, not exactly round.

Bottom Line:
Save yourself the hassle and don't buy these tires. Spend a tiny bit more and get Vittoria Zaffiros or Panaracer Paselas.

Submitted by Tan

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2012

Strengths:    Cheap

Weaknesses:    High rolling resistance

Bottom Line:
These are great tires for hybrid bikes and other comfort bikes as it's pretty good all around. The one problem I have with it is that you can only pump it up to 80 psi and therefore it has a decent amount of rolling resistance. Fully pumped up I feel like I'm riding through mud. This is going to be my backup tire. I'll possibly stud it for snow riding, but it won't be my daily commuting tire.

Where can I find a Kenda Kwest in 700x28?

These came as OEM on my hybrid, and they've performed so well that I'd like to replace them with another pair. No amount of searching has revealed this size available to me. Anybody aware of a place I can get them in 28?Read More »