Mavic Aksion Tires - Clincher

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

• Store Price

The Aksion is the perfect race/ training tire. The Aksion features a light yet resistant 66TPI casing and a safe yet durable 65 shore A compound. Removing as much rotational weight to your bike makes all the difference when climbing steep h...

Submitted by wannaXbe

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2014

Strengths:    Rolling resistance is very minimal, they are relatively light weight for the price.

Weaknesses:    I purchased these in sept of 2013, they have less than 300 miles on them and are separating in the side walls. I am not a big guy at 180 lbs. I purchased from competitive cycle and they are accepting them back on return.

Bottom Line:
They rode nice in the fall when I used them, however got them out to roll and the side walls had numerous separations. I have read reviews on other sites that were were good, these may have been a bad batch.

Submitted by Biga a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2013

Strengths:    Durable good looking tire.

Weaknesses:    The tires are a little difficult to get off the rim and requires a tire lever.

Bottom Line:
I never heard of these tires till I bought a new bike about 6 months ago. I decided to give them a try since they came with the bike and road tires can be so pricey. I have now gone about 1200 miles and have only had one flat on them. I don't think any tire could have handled the glass shard that pierced my tube. The tires handle extremely well and they seem to be wearing slowly compared to other tires I have used in the past. I am going to try to pick up another set when they go on sale so I can have these ready for action when time comes.