Maxxis Columbiere Tires - Clincher

3.17/5 (23 Reviews)

Maxxis' Columbiere handles it all! The slick siped tread delivers confidence wherever your riding takes you. Plus, the 2-ply nylon belt fends off...

Submitted by Miguello a Commuter

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2013

Strengths:    Light, grippy, smooth riding even on broken or grooved blacktop pavement.

Weaknesses:    None really. I have an aluminum single speed, and it rode HORRIBLE at 100 psi with these tires. I lowered the pressure to 85psi, and the bad ride was gone.

Bottom Line:
You guys that are having multiple flats on these, read the sidewall? Does it mention ANY kind of flat protection? Nope, it does not. Don't blame the tires for the roads you ride on. The debris on your roads is what's causing your flats, not the tires. Get some tire liners, heavy duty tubes, or tires with flat protection.

With that said, I am totally satisfied with these tires so far. Very good ride, and great handling. I love the way they sing on rough paved roads. Call me weird but I like that sound these tires seem to make when you're cruising along at 15-20mph.

Favorite Ride:   the road

Purchased At:   nowhere, free from a

Bike Setup:   2008 Schwinn Super Sport, TOTALLY stripped down to a bare bones single speed. Aero carbon seat post, Shimano Sante rims, Surly 17 Tcog, Surly Singleator, Shimano tri color cranks with a 48T ring. Shimano road SPD clipless pedals, Giant 31.8 road stem from a a Defy 2, FSA 31.8 traditional bend drop bars. Yeah it's a mutt, what about it, hehe!

Submitted by hoova a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2012

Strengths:    great grip

Bottom Line:
i may be lucky but i think these tyres are absolutely great,great grip in all conditions,longevity compared to many dearer tyres,i know you have to make compromises with durability and performance but i really do find it hard to fault these tyres.

Bike Setup:   Merida race lite 904, shimano 105 groupset,Stars DeepV Road Bike Wheels Maxxis Columbiere tyres 125tpi,

Submitted by Marianne a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2012

Strengths:    Very smooth ride when pumped to 100-105 psi
I have ridden thousands of km on them
Like the tire very well.

Weaknesses:    Only available in black! Would like blue

Bottom Line:
Great tire
Nice light weight

Purchased At:   Helen's cycle Sanra

Bike Setup:   I ride a Cannondale Synapse

Submitted by Tim Mulligan a Commuter

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2011

Strengths:    They lasted one month ( <700 miles).

Weaknesses:    They failed in less than one month.

Bottom Line:
I loved the bike (Giant Seek1) so much that when it was stolen I immediately went and purchased another. First thing I did was replace the tires. On my first bike (that was stolen) the tires were good for about a month and then they started flatting on a regular basis. One had a cord pop and produced a lateral bump in the tire. At that point I replaced both. A friend with a Seek 2 had a similar experience with the same stock tires.

Favorite Ride:   Commute to work

Purchased At:   Stock with Giant See

Similar Products Used:   Armadillo

Bike Setup:   Giant Seek 1 - Commuter Bike

Submitted by obli.que a Commuter

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2011

Weaknesses:    Flats galore!

Bottom Line:
These tires came on my Giant Seek 2 which I got last fall. Enjoyed the sleek thread pattern which even seemed to work fine in the rain. Did approximately 700 km on them last year and had no problems.

This year I am at a bit more than 1000 km (total) and I have already already had five flats on them. I scoured the interior and found fine metal splinters which I think may have been from the tire itself. The treads are fine, and the bike was stored inside for the winter. Has not been too hot this year. The other reviews here have confirmed that I just need to get new tires.

Bike Setup:   Giant Seek 2