Michelin Lithion 2 Tires - Clincher

• Store Price

Michelin Lithion 2 Reinforced Road Tire. Just like the original, it looks ? and performs ? a lot like the flagship Pro3 Race? professional racing tire, but at a fraction of the price.

Submitted by Roger Meadows

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2013

Strengths:    Affordable tire.

Weaknesses:    Possible manufacturing defect. Michelin customer service.

Bottom Line:
I've bought 3 sets of Lithion 2's without a problem until now. On my wife's rear wheel, there has developed a split between the upper sidewall where it meets the tread that goes all the way around the tire. I contacted Michelin and they stated that they have had no reports of this happening. I asked if this was covered by warranty and they stated that the tire would have to be inspected by an authorized dealer and then the dealer would have to call Michelin with their findings. I sent high resolution pics of the tire to Michelin also. Appears that I'm getting the runaround from Michelin and I'm not impressed with their customer service. If they are willing to lose a customer or two over a $30 tire, then that's just bad business. Hope they find the cause of this defect.

Submitted by Todd

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2013

Strengths:    These tires just seem to go an then go so more. They are as close to a "bullet proof" tire as I have ever ridden and I have tried them all. I use to ride the Krylions but after Michelin stopped making them, I really believe this tire is better and they can purchased for less than $30, often.

Bottom Line:
If you are looking for a relatively light, inexpensive and durable everyday tire that holds up to most typical roadside debris, then Lithion 2 is your tire.

Submitted by DrSmile a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2013

Strengths:    Super cheap, decently lightweight, last 2K miles, seem to hold up fairly well to road debris

Weaknesses:    No wear bars

Bottom Line:
I just chorded the second one of these, both tires lasted about 2000-2500 miles. I bought 6 of them 2 years ago when PBK had a ridiculous sale in order to stop my pocketbook from hemorrhaging money from busted Conti 4000 and Michelin Pro3 tires. I really can't tell a difference in terms of ride quality, and I'm certainly not any faster or slower. Not for raceday, but for day to day riding these are a great value.

Purchased At:   PBK

Similar Products Used:   Conti 4000, Conti 4000S, Conti 4 Seasons, Conti Gatorskins, Michelin Pro 3, Michelin Pro 4

Submitted by Scott S a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2013

Strengths:    strong tire, wears well, great handling and the price

Weaknesses:    the ride is not as supple as a more expensive tire with a softer rubber compound

Bottom Line:
In 2011 I purchased a Giant Defy Avanced 2 that came stock with Michelin Pro Optium tires,but I did not like the looks of them so I bought the Michelin Lithion 2. I am glad I did. First off, I was amazed that after 2000 miles,the rear tire is still round with lots of tread life left.In two years of riding with this brand of tire,I have never had a flat,They handle great on dry roads,not sure on wet roads because Heaven forbid I should get my bike wet.The only reason I do not give them 5 stars is because of the harder rubber compound,they are not as compliant.Also,on a hot summer day, you will not be flicking stones off of the tires.

Favorite Ride:   Parker ride

Purchased At:   Amazon

Similar Products Used:   Michelin Lithion,Serfas Seca RS

Bike Setup:   Giant Defy Advanced 2 with Mavic Cosmic Elite wheelset,Michelin Lithion 2 tires,full Shimano Ultegra group

Submitted by Cam G a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2013

Strengths:    Price, Ride, Handling, Weight, Durability, Colors, Availability!

Weaknesses:    Absolutely none

Bottom Line:
These have been, in my use over 2 years, the ultimate bargain tire. They simply do it all and at a very low price. I've gotten them for as little as $17. I actually prefer them to my previous favorite, the Michelin Pro2. They have all the suppleness of any high-end tire, due to their very thin and flexible sidewall. Nonetheless, I've had VERY few punctures (on New Haven's glass and pothole-strew streets), and no issues with sidewall vulnerability.

It is the lightest decent road tire, excellent for racing as well as training.

Similar Products Used:   Michelin Pro2, Vredestein Fortezza, Vittoria Diamante, Conti Ultra Sport, 3000

Bike Setup:   Current: Santana Stylus Scandium, SRAM Rival, Custom wheels, 3T cockpit

Buy a pr of Michelin Pro 4, get a free pr of Michelin Lithion 2(700x23c) ends July 31

I received this email from Ribble. This is a Michelin factory offer being honored by Ribble. [url=http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/Michelin-TYRES-ROAD-TRI-TRACK-FOLDING-Michelin-Pro-4-Race-Service-Course-Folding-Tyre/MICHTYRF209]Michelin Pro 4 Race Service Course Folding Tyre[/ ... Read More »

Michelin Kromion the same as Lithion 1 / Pro Race 2 the same tire?

[B]Specs and Description of Lithion 2 from Nashbar.[/B] WEIGHT: 220g SIZE(S): 700x23 TPI: 60tpi BEAD: Folding MAX. PSI: 116psi The Michelin Lithion 2 road tire is great for riding in bad weather. Herringbone tread pattern is excellent for challenging road conditions ... Read More »

Michelin Lithion 2 vs Vittoria Rubino Pro 3 tire

Greetings all. I want some input as what you all think of these 2 tires I plan to buy as for handling, durability, weight, etc from personal experience if you owned one. Vittoria cost $7 more. Thanks in advance.Read More »

Michelin Lithion 2 vs Vittoria Rubino Pro 3 tire

Greetings all. I want some input as what you all think of these 2 tires I plan to buy as for handling, durability, weight, etc from personal experience if you owned one. Vittoria cost $7 more($29) vs Michelin($22). Thanks in advance.Read More »

PBK Michelin Lithion 2 Road Tyre 14.12

PBK has Michelin Lithion 2 Road Tyre for $14.12 after PBK10 code also Michelin Krylion Carbon Road Tyre for ~$22 after PBK10 Seems great price thinking of buying few years worthRead More »