Michelin Lithion 2 Tires - Clincher

3.75/5 (8 Reviews)

Michelin Lithion 2 Reinforced Road Tire. Just like the original, it looks ? and performs ? a lot like the flagship Pro3 Race? professional racing tire, but at a fraction of the price.

Submitted by Mr. Versatile

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2015

Strengths:    Not many. They're inexpensive, they come in lots of colors.

Weaknesses:    These tires are almost impossible to mount. I dislike having to use tools when mounting or removing tires. I had to use every tool in the book to get these on. I bought 6 of these when I found a good sale. I've always liked Michelins for their easy rolling & soft ride. These things feel like they're filled with concrete instead of air. I've mounted 2 of them & am selling the remaining 4 for whatever I can get for them. I've ridden nothing but Michelins for at least the past 10 years, but I've heard nothing but raves about Gatorskins so I just ordered 6 of them.

Bottom Line:
I wouldn't buy them again nor would I recommend them to a friend. They're next to impossible to mount & ride hard.

Submitted by Roger Meadows

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2013

Strengths:    Affordable tire.

Weaknesses:    Possible manufacturing defect. Michelin customer service.

Bottom Line:
I've bought 3 sets of Lithion 2's without a problem until now. On my wife's rear wheel, there has developed a split between the upper sidewall where it meets the tread that goes all the way around the tire. I contacted Michelin and they stated that they have had no reports of this happening. I asked if this was covered by warranty and they stated that the tire would have to be inspected by an authorized dealer and then the dealer would have to call Michelin with their findings. I sent high resolution pics of the tire to Michelin also. Appears that I'm getting the runaround from Michelin and I'm not impressed with their customer service. If they are willing to lose a customer or two over a $30 tire, then that's just bad business. Hope they find the cause of this defect.

Submitted by Todd

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2013

Strengths:    These tires just seem to go an then go so more. They are as close to a "bullet proof" tire as I have ever ridden and I have tried them all. I use to ride the Krylions but after Michelin stopped making them, I really believe this tire is better and they can purchased for less than $30, often.

Bottom Line:
If you are looking for a relatively light, inexpensive and durable everyday tire that holds up to most typical roadside debris, then Lithion 2 is your tire.

Submitted by DrSmile a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2013

Strengths:    Super cheap, decently lightweight, last 2K miles, seem to hold up fairly well to road debris

Weaknesses:    No wear bars

Bottom Line:
I just chorded the second one of these, both tires lasted about 2000-2500 miles. I bought 6 of them 2 years ago when PBK had a ridiculous sale in order to stop my pocketbook from hemorrhaging money from busted Conti 4000 and Michelin Pro3 tires. I really can't tell a difference in terms of ride quality, and I'm certainly not any faster or slower. Not for raceday, but for day to day riding these are a great value.

Purchased At:   PBK

Similar Products Used:   Conti 4000, Conti 4000S, Conti 4 Seasons, Conti Gatorskins, Michelin Pro 3, Michelin Pro 4

Submitted by Scott S a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2013

Strengths:    strong tire, wears well, great handling and the price

Weaknesses:    the ride is not as supple as a more expensive tire with a softer rubber compound

Bottom Line:
In 2011 I purchased a Giant Defy Avanced 2 that came stock with Michelin Pro Optium tires,but I did not like the looks of them so I bought the Michelin Lithion 2. I am glad I did. First off, I was amazed that after 2000 miles,the rear tire is still round with lots of tread life left.In two years of riding with this brand of tire,I have never had a flat,They handle great on dry roads,not sure on wet roads because Heaven forbid I should get my bike wet.The only reason I do not give them 5 stars is because of the harder rubber compound,they are not as compliant.Also,on a hot summer day, you will not be flicking stones off of the tires.

Favorite Ride:   Parker ride