Michelin Pro 4 Endurance Tires - Clincher

4.33/5 (3 Reviews)

The Michelin Pro4 Endurance features the ultimate combination of performance and durability. It has the ride quality and light weight to be raced but with the durability of a training tire. It is also the next generation of the incredibly popular Krylion. The Pro4 Endurance features a dual compound tread with softer shoulders for incredible cornering grip even in wet weather and a longer wearing center strip. It also features a bead-to-bead puncture protection strip to ward of punctures. Rounding out the package is a 110 tpi casing that further combines supple ride quality with flat resistance. 225 grams 700c x 23mm.

Submitted by LeeJ a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2014

Strengths:    Ride, longevity, grip, value

Weaknesses:    Not easy to mount, I still get flats

Bottom Line:
I've tried many tires and many brands, and I keep coming back to Michelin. I've had other tires that do 1 thing really well, and are not good at the rest. These Pro4 Endurance do everything well. They're quick, ride nicely, corner well, and seem to be pretty tough. Although these to have a puncture resistant layer in them, it appears that it's not on the sidewalls since I have had a flat or two due to cuts in the sidewall. I've had the Pro3's before, and the 4 is better in every way. I'm very impressed w/these, and would certainly recommend them to anyone.
1 word of warning, though. Corner slowly for the first 50 miles or so. They do have a slick release compound on them when new, and could cause you to crash if you corner too hard too early in their life. I forgot about this fact, and learned the hard way not to corner hard on these when they're new. That being said, I still think they're great tires.

Similar Products Used:   Vittoria, Bontrager, Specialized, Hutchinson, Panaracer, Veloflex.

Bike Setup:   Carbon frame Specialized Roubaix

Submitted by ghostrider1tm

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2014

Strengths:    good handling, high mileage, excellent flat protection, smooth feel

Weaknesses:    the 23mm can be hard to get on rim if you don't stretch tire before installing, this is a training tire not race

Bottom Line:
let me first address the clown in the above review...he opens his review with a plug for his website, which i made the mistake clicking. It is all advertisements with no real content. I question his motives for even writing a review other than to plug his site. "guru my ass" .....anyway i ride 10-12,000miles a year. I've been racing for a couple decades. I use these as my training tires. On average I get 2500miles on a rear tire. I ride rough roads in the middle of no where with lots of debris. These tires aren't perfect, there is no perfect tire, but they do a fantastic job of high mileage with excellent flat protection while still having most the characteristics of a high performance race tire. I used the older krylion version and got more miles out of them but less performance. I like the pro4 endurance better because of the improved handling over the krylion. If i really wanted i could get 3000 or more miles on tires but i'd rather swap to a new one than run the risks old tires present to get that extra 500 miles....i have had a few flats but no tire on the planet would done protected me from some of the debris which caused them (like wire from a radial tire...good luck stopping that) i have also gone over 6000miles on a couple sets with no flats and have ridden though lots of glass without a problem...i have ridden every tire made and for training these best suit my needs (reliable, high mileage, good performance) as for racing tires, that's another story and doesn't apply to this review

Submitted by The BikinGuru

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2012

Strengths:    Good Rolling Tire, Sheds Death Pebbles in DRY conditions-- WET-NOT SO MUCH

Weaknesses:    Seem to attract Pebbles in wet and holds and seems to cut easy

Bottom Line:
See my review ongoing review http://www.thebikinguru.com/

Michelin's new Pro4 had peaked my interest from the early reviews, albeit from Michelin itself. Michelin’s own page has the moniker “A Better Way Forward-Longer Tire Life and Enhanced Protection”. My response is; well maybe not on VT rain soaked roads with variable road debris. ( aka death pebbles )

Michelin has revamped their line of tires a bit. Their previous famed Michelin Krylion Carbon 3 was pretty good, had a pair and flatted one of the tires after only 200miles in dry weather. They had the same bead to bead protection and supple casing that the new tire line from Michelin is boasting. Fast forward, Michelin brings out the new set of tires. In the order of puncture protection, they are the Pro4 Endurance, Pro4 Service Course,Pro4 Comp Service Course and Pro4 Limited Service Course, all in clinchers and foldable. The Pro4 Service course offers a nylon breaker for puncture protection, the Pro4 comp service course and the Pro4 limited service course do continue along the lines of the Pro4 service course but it is unclear from Michelin's own website what type of puncture protection is being offered. Michelin does say " Its dual-compound technology employs new silica-based compounds and elastomers ". So, how do the the Michelin Pro4 Endurance measure up to the Gartorskin? Read on!

Similar to Michelin Pro 4 Endurance

I need to replace a tire due to a cut in the tread. It's through the carcass .75" wide, across. A slice. Anyway, been using the Pro 4 Endurance 25mm on Shimano C50 clinchers. Was wondering what other tires I could consider, something still comfortable, at least as durable and fast as the Pro 4 E ... Read More »

michelin pro 4 endurance

Im looking for a good set of long lasting tires, after this past year my tires only lasted for 1800 miles(i should have changed them but i stretched them to 2200 and now they are on trainer). I was thinking about getting some gatorskins , read lots of reviews and ppl getting 6k out of them. Last ... Read More »