Michelin Pro4 Service Course Tires - Clincher

2.43/5 (14 Reviews)

This is a tire for the cyclist who needs the most speed at any cost. The Michelin Pro4 Comp Limited Service Course delivers on this as Michelin?s fastest tire, allowing the cyclist to cover four additional meters per minute for the same input compa

Submitted by Lance

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2017

Strengths:    They do handle quite well and the traction rubber wears well.

Weaknesses:    Casing is junk - to the point of being dangerous to use. I have had great success for years, decades, with Michelin tires. I used to train on cheaper Michelins, but now (I'm rich) I got into sport/race tires. "Pro" line was not cheap but terrific performance, durability, flat resistance. I've used all the brands but settled on Michelin over a decade ago... I recently went through 4 Pro 4 Comp tires (bunch of gift tires given to me). Total junk at any price. But, these retail for over $80 w tax!!! Inspect every 20mi, and pray you make it home...

Bottom Line:
These tires are a fraud. I weigh 135 but blow the sides out, slash tread, and totally shred the casing in a few hundred miles. Michelin, something went wrong with these tires. Even Panaracer beats this tire.

Submitted by John Hall

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2017

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    Side walls shredding after only 100 miles

Bottom Line:
These tyres are RUBBISH. The side walls are breaking up after only 100 miles, they are not even in contact with the road. My supplier is giving me all sorts of excuses as to why its my fault i.e. my weight and tyre pressure. I'm 11 stone and run them at max 8 bar. If they manufacture them to such close tolerances then they shouldn't sell them

Submitted by RAYMOND a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2015

Strengths:    light tire

Weaknesses:    got cracks in 245 miles took them off and thew them away

Bottom Line:
dont buy this tire

Submitted by MBPYYC a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2015

Strengths:    Amazing grip. Comfortable ride. Durable.

Weaknesses:    None that I've encountered.

Bottom Line:
I put a pair of 25C size on my bike before heading to Mexico for a week of training on some very rough roads, wrapping up with a 180 km race at the end of the week. I came away thoroughly impressed with their handling, speed, and most importantly their durability on roads that ranged from extremely ragged chip seal, to gravel, dirt, and cobbles that make European cobbles feel like the Autobahn. They were very confidence inspiring on the long winding downhills in the mountains, and before I knew it I was leaving my training partners far behind as I carved down the mountain roads. All in all, these rank up among the best tires I have used.

At this point I have about 2,000 kms on them and they're still performing like new with almost no signs of wear.

Purchased At:   Chain Reaction

Submitted by John A. Coleman

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2015

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    The tire sidewalls are the WORTHLESS.

Bottom Line:
I purchased a set of Michelin Pro 4 Service Course tires for my Cannondale Evo road bike. I mounted the tires on my lighter road wheels I use strictly for events and not for training. After approximately 750 - 1000 road miles I began to notice severe cracking in the sidewall material. I was somewhat upset about the cracking issue and took my wheels into my local dealer. They said the tires looked terrible. They contacted Michelin for me and Michelin agreed to warranty the tires. I thought cool, a company that stands behind their products.

The celebration was short lived, I received the warranty replacement tires and mounted them. In approximately 500 miles I began having flat after flat on my rear Michelin Pro 4 tire I inspected the exterior tread surface and the interior tire casing for thorns or defects. No noticeable road debris or defects were found. Finally after going through half a dozen inner tubes I discovered the cause for the tubes failing. The ply in the sidewall fabric mesh had separated and was allowing the inner tube to protrude outside the tire (similar to a hernia). I took the Michelin junk off my bike and through them in the trash. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY BUYING THESE TIRES. Buy Continental GP 4000s and be confident in your tires.