Michelin Pro4 Service Course Tires - Clincher

2.71/5 (7 Reviews)

This is a tire for the cyclist who needs the most speed at any cost. The Michelin Pro4 Comp Limited Service Course delivers on this as Michelin?s fastest tire, allowing the cyclist to cover four additional meters per minute for the same input compa

Submitted by Turbokirbo

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2013

Strengths:    Corner well and hang tight to the road in all conditions. Roll very well and fairly light.

Weaknesses:    I have flated 5 times this season! Way too much for a high dollar race tire. I can't count on them any more.

Bottom Line:
Actual rolling performance is very satisfying but the poor quality to hold up to any road debris is not worth the risk of shelling out the cash for them. They have let me down too many times.

Submitted by Frank a Commuter

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2013

Strengths:    Smooth rides and looks good.

Weaknesses:    Cracks between tread and sidewall.

Bottom Line:
Just put the tires on my newly built bike and had 20 miles on normal road ride over the weekend. The tires start to crack between tread and side wall. Gosh! Just only 20 miles on it.

Purchased At:   Chainreaction

Bike Setup:   Ridley Noah RS Frame with Ultegra 6800 11speeds components and William system 58 carbon clincher wheels.

Submitted by Glenn

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2013

Strengths:    Corners well even in the rain. Good ride quality.

Weaknesses:    Sidewall blew out after running over a piece of gravel!

Bottom Line:
I had the tires for two weeks and hit a rock on a group ride. I would not recommend these tires if you ride on anything other than glass smooth roads.

Submitted by chiwode a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2012

Strengths:    These tires have lasted me a nice chunk of a 7500 mile season, but I couldn't pinpoint exactly the mileage I got out of them as I can't remember the date I bought them and they're only on one of my bikes. Secure feeling in corners, even in the rain. Average mounting ease.

Weaknesses:    These tires got cut up quickly, with deep gouges all over. Never had that happen before. The rear sidewall blew out without anything obvious causing it about a month after I got them, and I check pressure before every ride. There's a folded dollar and some duct tape in there now to keep the tube inside.

Bottom Line:
They're nice tires and last a good long time, but not without problems. They do corner well. I think they've compromised sidewall strength to save weight. The other thing, of course, is how expensive they are. I liked the 3 a lot, and decided to spend the money to try the 4. But for that money, I want perfection. They're just not worth that much and I'm not going to buy them again. I think the 3 was a better value. Still looking for a tire that I'll remain loyal to.

Favorite Ride:   Col du Tourmalet

Purchased At:   support your LBS

Similar Products Used:   Conti GP4000, Conti Attack/Force, Vittoria Open Corsa EVO CX, Michelin ProRace 3,

Bike Setup:   Cervelo R3sl, Campy Super Record, Mavic Ksyrium SR wheelset

Submitted by ktmrockhopper a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2012

Strengths:    Good road grip and light weight.

Weaknesses:    Continually develop cracks between tread and sidewall.

Bottom Line:
I have used both the Michelin Pro 3 and Pro 4 Service Course road tires on my Cannondale Super Six EVO. Both sets of tires developed cracks at the point where the tread and sidewalls meet around the entire circumference of the tires. The cracking problem occurred on both the front and rear tires starting at around 500 miles of use. I am diligent about maintaining proper inflation pressure so I am not sure what causes the cracking. I am afraid that the cracking issue is going to lead to tread separation problems and ultimately a catastrophic failure. I am no longer running Michelin road tires and have unfortunately lost faith in the quality of their cycling tires.

Favorite Ride:   Any Road Ride