Panaracer Closer Plus Tires - Clincher

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Closer offers a ZSG Natural Compound for long lasting wear and a comfortable ride. Closer is the best balance between a high end racing tire and a training tire offering superb durability, comfort, and confidence. Closer Plus adds a bead to bead breaker to improve treat and sidewall protection.

Submitted by Jojo

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2014

Strengths:    The tires are grippy, light and easy to install.

Weaknesses:    I wish the Panaracer Closer Plus will come up of "whole" thread colors instead of the leaving the center black. This is why its 4 stars for me.

Bottom Line:
The Panaracer Closer Plus is great value clincher tire. Good value for money. When you install the tire for the first time, you will feel the grippy texture of the tire. First impression is that it will decrease the rolling. But once you break in the tire after around 20 miles you feel the comfort and traction of the tire. It gave me much confidence compared from my previous tire. So far no flats after 100 miles. Unlike the previous one, never in my life that I experienced 4 flats in one ride less than 30 miles.

I am happy with the Panaracer. I just wish that they will have the full thread will solid colors like "blue" instead of leaving the middle black.

Submitted by Dean Glover a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2014

Strengths:    Affordable , comfortable ride, durable, fast

Weaknesses:    plain jane looking tire

Bottom Line:
I have been riding with Schwalbe Ultremo ZX's ,which were fast but the sidewalls were not holding up.The TPI for those are around 130. These Panaracer Closer Plus are TPI 66,which seem to be a whole lot more durable. I was concerned that they would slow me down, going from the Ultremo's. I'm pleased to say that my average speed has not been compromised at all! They are the most comfortable road tires I've ridden(feel like I'm riding on 32cc tires instead of 25cc). I have approx. 600 miles on them so far and have no issues as of yet. The sidewall on the ultremos were failing me every 200-300 miles or so. The closer plus tires look like they are built to last a lot of miles. I can't see me using any other tire from now on. I'm really happy with them. The only complaint about them is that they are plain looking. A little more graphics on the side wall be better. That's the only reason I didn't give these tires 5 stars.

Bike Setup:   Masi Evoluzione 105 carbon fiber, American Classic Hurricane wheelset with Panaracer Closer Plus tires. Ritchey Matrix cockpit

Panasonic Closer Plus

I am trying a demo pair of Reynolds Attack wheels. They have Panasonic Closer Plus tires. Does anyone ride these tires? If so, please tell me what your experience has been. Thanks in advance.Read More »